Has anyone had problems with E-gift cards?

emtntn

Ive been buying e-gift cards from carnivalgiftcards.com and have never had trouble until my last one. It shows the amount as $0. I've called their customer service several times and they seem to be no help. Has anyone else had trouble with them?

Ive been buying e-gift cards from carnivalgiftcards.com and have never had trouble until my last one. It shows the amount as $0. I've called their customer service several times and they seem to be no help. Has anyone else had trouble with them?

Does your credit card show the purchase?? If so, maybe they can help.

The PIN number issue has been fixed. I called Carnival a couple of weeks ago about the problem. They called me back yesterday to inform me the issue with PIN numbers was resolved. I checked 8 cards last night and they all worked fine.

Hmmm not in my case, what "pin" number did you use?

The PIN number issue has been fixed. I called Carnival a couple of weeks ago about the problem. They called me back yesterday to inform me the issue with PIN numbers was resolved. I checked 8 cards last night and they all worked fine.

Thanks, I just checked and it does seem to be working for me now too on two cards that I just checked.

Hmmm not in my case, what "pin" number did you use?

Our egift cards only have one PIN on them, right under the card number. I haven't check a physical card yet with the PIN under the silver strip.

The pin # is a 4 digit number that is on back of the card. You have to scratch off that gray stuff to see it. Top right corner on all of mine.

I'll be damned it worked this time, THANKS!

Wonder why they put that grey crap over the number in the first place???

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Last week another poster stated you can perform a mock excursion booking and when you get to the payment page there is an option to check a gift card balance without entering a pin#.

This worked for me also. Though you have to go a long way in to that mock booking and be careful not to actually apply the gift card. Glad to see that the other area where the PIN is required now works. At least for me.

That gray stuff covering the PIN is there to protect the purchaser. They need both the card number and PIN to apply it as a payment. A big scam years ago was for people to take a photo of the back of the cards and then wait for someone to buy them at the register. The scammer would check the balance of the cards they had photos of often, once they saw an active card they would go online and buy stuff with it. The purchaser then had a card with a $0 balance.

So they started covering the card numbers and/or PIN numbers. Never buy a card with any of these areas already scratched off.