Help...Need pre-cruise party ideas

glendon3281

I'm sure other CC members have held pre-cruise parties and I need your help!

Everyone knows my DH and I but they all don't know each other... so we thought we'd have a get-to-gether for everyone to meet. Some are seasoned cruisers, others are newbies.

Need ideas from food, to decorations, to invitations, etc......

Thanks in advance,

Linda

Hi Linda, We have had several pre-cruise parties. Make sure to have lots of foo-foo drinks to serve, Bahama-Mamas go over well. A fun idea is to ask everyone to wear island attire (Hawiian shirts, dresses), this makes for a festive mood. As far as food goes we have done everything from BBQ to just finger food. If you have any video or pictures on CD disc, you can show them at the party so the newbies can get an idea as to what is in store. Have fun and Bon Voyage...........

If you want to give out a little party favor, you could get waterproof disposable cameras. You can get them at walmart.com for under $5....Or maybe a little notebook that people could use as a journal to write exciting things during their trip so they remember everything. Then you can have a party afterwards and compare...

Frozen drinks and Jimmy Buffett music are a must....

What about making up folders for each couple? You could provide a packing list, photos of your ship, info on ports, info about the ship, great web sites to check out, sample compasses, etc.

What ship are you on? I may have some logo stuff that you could have to give away as a door prize.

Maybe the TA can give you free luggage tags? I would also go to a party supply store and buy flowered leis for everyone (about $1.00 each). You can all wear them at sail away

Cruise music is a must :)

That's about all I can think of right now....

Bobbie

We have a group of 31 that is sailing on the Explorer next March. Many of us are friends of friends who are going. One year from the day of sailing we had our first get together, a pot luck. I had decorations from when our daughter got married and did an island theme reception which worked perfect. Plus we had huge numbers with 365 days till sailing. Island drinks were served, plus we watched previous ship videos. Since then we had a summer potluck and will be having a christmas one. At our christmas get together, we are going to have everyone bring a gift to exchange ($10 limit). It has to be something that is cruise related...underwater camera, funky vaction picture frame etc. Also, I do a monthly cruise newsletter. At the beginning,it was 12 couples who signed up and I would do a "getting to know your cruisemates" article. A small bio on a couple each month, telling a bit about them, where they work, how many cruises, family, hobbies... Our group has grown now, so not everyone will be included, but trying to get as many in as possible. Plus I do articles on islands, the ship, helpful hints, and much more.

Have fun! Our group was 24 last year and I know this cruise will be even more fun!:D

Another idea is a dossier on the other travelers. Not their life history but a photo, names (first only if you like), how many cruises, interests and if it is an intimate group cabin numbers too. You can hand them out at the party and everyone can get to know one another and find out little things they may have in common.

Excellent ideas....keep 'em coming.

bobbie0253...We are sailing on the Navigator in Nov. Thanks for the logo stuff offer. I'm a Diamond C & A Member and have numerous un-used C & A "welcome back gifts" to hand out...that's a great idea!

Thanks!!!

Linda

Archived