Do I have to reserve shows on Navigator?

nyroadrunner

I was wondering the same thing. Do we request tickets once on board, or how does it work ?

No Navigator of the Seas shows can be reserved in advance of the cruise. Other than the Ice Show, none can be reserved at all...you just show up. I was on a full ship, and none of the shows were ever 100% full. The Ice Show gets packed...looked in your Cruise Compass for the times when tickets are handed out, and then show up to the location perhaps 30 minutes early. We got there about 30 minutes early, and once the line was quite long, they started handing out tickets (about 15 early). The whole party does NOT have to go...send a representative who can decide on behalf of the whole party what time you want.

The ice show is performed at least 4 times, so that everyone can go. No worries!

Agree -- no worries. A single seat is pretty easy to find just before show time. Also, the 3rd and 4th shows are easier to get into without a ticket. These are usually on Wednesday night in lieu of a theater show. On my Navigator cruises Ice show tickets have been distributed Monday morning around 9am in front of Studio B. If you don't make it then, the customer service desk should have some, especially for the Wednesday shows. Or better yet, if you have a suite or are a Diamond member, get the tickets on Sunday from your concierge. Other than the ice show, no shows use tickets. The only time we had a crowded theater show was a magician that did only one show (Voyager or Mariner -- I forget). It was packed, standing room only. Also, the parade(s) in the Royal Promenade tend to get crowded. I think there will be a circus parade Sunday night around 10:30 or 11pm. And the disco can get crowded. On the Navigator the disco is in the Viking Crown. As of 2014, the old inside disco is now cabins and Sabor.

I don't know why show attendance is down. That might make a good thread in itself. Even the Quest attendance is way down. Oh well -- We still enjoy the shows.

Edited by Jimnbigd