Rhapsody...percentage/canceled/going?

CRUSING"R"ET

I Would Love To Know How Large A Percentage Canceled Out Of 9-25 Sailing And How Many Went For The 4 Days. We Rebooked For The 11-27 Sailing. It Went Smooth As Clockwork And I Was Surprised At The Decent Price We Received From Them. Even Rebooking Our Flight With Southwest Worked Out Smooth For Us. I Can Wait 2 Mo. Looking Forward To 7 Days At Sea.

Elyse.....

Good question. I know the cruise was completely booked before, due to Carnival cancelling some sailings from Galveston. DW and I decided to get on that ship no matter what. You can't beat a 4 night cruise for $300 pp that is within driving distance. If you can beat it tell me how.

Good question. I know the cruise was completely booked before, due to Carnival cancelling some sailings from Galveston. DW and I decided to get on that ship no matter what. You can't beat a 4 night cruise for $300 pp that is within driving distance. If you can beat it tell me how.

We "beat it" by just getting off the Rhapsody 10 day cruise for the price of a 7 day cruise! I know the 9/25 cruisers must have been realy disappointed, but we were treated exceptionally well by RCI.

I am one of the people that cancelled. We were going to have a small family reunion on board the Rhapsody with people from Colorado, South Dakota and Nebraska coming to Galveston. We live in Houston, so it would have been no problem for us to get there, but it would have been impossible for the rest. We just rebooked after the hurricane season.

Nice pics!

I see you went river tubing in Jamaica. Can you tell me a little about it? Did you like it? Was it fast/slow/deep/shallow?

We are doing this excursion in November, and I am wondering if my husband will be physically able to do it. He has had two knee surgery's this year, one of them being a total replacement. What is your opinion. Is it a very rough ride?

Thanks for your input.

Nice pics!

I see you went river tubing in Jamaica. Can you tell me a little about it? Did you like it? Was it fast/slow/deep/shallow?

We are doing this excursion in November, and I am wondering if my husband will be physically able to do it. He has had two knee surgery's this year, one of them being a total replacement. What is your opinion. Is it a very rough ride?

Thanks for your input.

We booked with Trevor Hudlin Tours and it is not hard at all. We had a guide swim along with us, just to keep us in the middle of the river. There are a couple of swift sections, but nothing treacherous. You can stand up almost everywhere and it was not over waist deep. My wife has had two back surgeries, years ago. She had absolutely no problem. You stop for beer and photos about halfway. The whole thing takes about an hour, but we stopped and drank Red Stripe beer for about an hour.

For $35 each, Trevor took us tubing, toured the Fern Valley, took us to eat jerk chicken (not included), and dropped us off at Margaritaville. All in all, about a 4-4.5 hour tour. We had a great time. PS, don't take anything down the river you don't want to get wet. You can leave your clothes, valuables in Trevor's van and pay for your drinks and photos at the end of the river tubing.

Forgot to describe the tubes. They are big black truck inner tubes, but with a sealed (plexi-glass) bottom. So, you won't scrape your bottom. Very relaxing slow parts, too! Email him at trevorhudlin@hotmail.com or cooltrevh@yahoo.com .

Sorry, all my river tubing photos are on an underwater camera being developed. I will post when I get them back on CD.

Thanks for the info. I think he will be fine, and I like the part about plexi-glass on the bottom!

Be sure to post those pics of your excursions when you get them. I am excited to see them.

Thanks again!

Will do! I have some they sold us, but will have to scan them in.

Archived