Any idea about number of formal nights on 1st World Cruise segment

MadamMim

We are booked on M602 NYC-SOU 3-10 Jan and then on M603 SOU-NYC-FLL 10-20 Jan. VP is showing 4 formal nights on M602 and TBA on M603. Any insights on the number of formal nights on M603 which is the first segment of the 2016 World Cruise?

I would imagine that M602 will only have 3 as per usual on a 7 night crossing, but wonder if the same routine will be followed on M603 since it is the beginning of the World Cruise. As far as we're concerned, the more formal nights, the better.

Thanks.

Jane

You can find the evening dress codes at ask.cunard.com:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/dress_code_all

Something is strange - I'm seeing a formal night for the last evening on M602 which would be the night before disembarkation so that's not right. M603 isn't there yet. For WB TA there will be formal nights to New York but it's been a while since QM2 headed down to Florida. I'm expecting that formal nights would only be on sea days.

Edited by BlueRiband

My thoughts exactly. I would hope that there will be 3 from SOU-NYC and maybe 1 on the way to FLL(3 nights). I just don't know whether there are the same number on a TA crossing when it's part of the World Cruise or if the number might be decreased due to the length of the voyage overall.

I think the dress code for the Blue Notes Jazz cruise has made me very nervous.

I was on QE for the Southampton-New York-Fort Lauderdale segment of the World Voyage this year. Our schedule was disrupted in that QE hit bad weather coming back from Hamburg and we didn't even start boarding until what was scheduled for sail-away time. We then had to detour around a storm in the Atlantic and were a half day late arriving in NYC. Cunard decided to spend an extra day in New York, so what was supposed to be 11 days turned into 12 (no complaints from me:D). This may have changed what had originally planned. We had formal nights on the 3rd, 5th and 7th nights of the TA and none between NYC and FLL.

On the 2014 World Voyage on QE we had formal nights on the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th nights of the TA and again, none between NYC and FLL.

Edited by Scrapnana

...I think the dress code for the Blue Notes Jazz cruise has made me very nervous.

It would make me very nervous as well. So much so that I'd cancel and book something else if my voyage were to be designated Blue Note Jazz or Stars at Sea.:eek: Neither are my idea of a Cunard experience.

On the 2014 World Voyage on QE we had formal nights on the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th nights of the TA and again, none between NYC and FLL.

I do hope the 4 nights are repeated in 2016 - we did of course have a southerly diversion in 2014 due to bad weather.

The voyage personaliser currently states the dress code as follows:

10 January Day 1 Dress: Informal

11 January Day 2 Dress: Formal - Black & White Ball

12 January Day 3 Dress: Formal

13 January Day 4 Dress: Informal

14 January Day 5 Dress: Informal

15 January Day 6 Dress: Formal - Roaring Twenties

16 January Day 7 Dress: Informal

The voyage personaliser currently states the dress code as follows:

10 January Day 1 Dress: Informal

11 January Day 2 Dress: Formal - Black & White Ball

12 January Day 3 Dress: Formal

13 January Day 4 Dress: Informal

14 January Day 5 Dress: Informal

15 January Day 6 Dress: Formal - Roaring Twenties

16 January Day 7 Dress: Informal

Just checked my VP and yes its as above - the sector to Fort Lauderdale shows:

17 January Day 8 New York Dress: Informal

18 January Day 9 Sea Day Dress: Formal Black & White Ball

19 January Day 10 Sea Day Dress: Formal

20 January Day 11 Fort Lauderdale

I guess the 19th Jan Formal may be incorrect.

Thank you for the update. I just checked and VP is showing 4 formal nights for NYC-SOU and 5 for SOU-NYC-FLL, so 9 in total. I'd be very happy about that but am guessing that will change to 7. At least there is no mention about jeans, etc. Thank Goodness.