Cruising on the Rhapsody October 9th

Philothea

We are cruising on the Rhapsody of the Seas 10/9-15. It will be myself, DH, DH's parents, and DH's two brothers and their wives. Does anyone have any good Rhapsody tips? Maybe the daily schedules? Any must-see and/or must-do events? Which nights are formal nights?

Philothea - make sure you do a search for previous Rhapsody threads. There are a couple of good ones (Budaman and Bonnie come instantly to mind). She is a wonderful ship with an awesome crew.

We really enjoyed the Love & Marriage Show, Quest, etc... the nightly activities. Apparently the karoake is a HUGE hit as well -- we never made it there unfortunately.

There are 2 formal nights...as I recall one was a sea day and the other was the Grand Cayman night. I am so tired currently I can't think of what else to tell you. I know there are very helpful Rhapsody folks out there.

Most importantly...relax, enjoy yourself and have a great time!

For excursion information I searched each port's thread. We did Nativeway Watersports for Stingray City and WOULD recommend them. In Cozumel it rained and rained so no beach time that trip. In Key West we did the usual trolley tour and then walked around until sunset time. Then we made our way back to Mallory Square and watched the sunset. People recommended the Haunted Tour or the Scavenger Hunt in Key West.

There are two formal nights. Monday and Thursday. There is plenty of time to get back from Grand Cayman and get ready even for early seating. Don't miss the Schooner Bar and Derek- very much fun. The adult only Solarium is fantastic and the pool is an endless pool so you can get a good workout. It is also not very busy unless it is cloudy and cool.

Key West - we just walked around, shopped and ate - key lime pie at the Blonde Giraffe and the most wonderful oysters in the world at the half shell raw bar.

Grand Cayman - Fantastic time on the aqua boat excursion.

Cozumel - Chankaanab (sp) park was a good beach. But check the Cozumel board for other ideas.

TXSailor also has great Rhapsody posts and lots of pictures. Budaman's pictures are great as well - especially his underwater ones.

On our first trip, we did the Sunset Sail in Key West and loved it. (There was a wedding literally as we sailed into the sunset which made it even more fun.) We did the traditional trip to Hell, stingray viewing, Turtle Farm/Rum Cake store tour in Grand Cayman. We stayed on board in Cozumel - we'd just spend a week there a few months before - and had a great time having the ship to ourselves and watching the party on shore at Senor Frogs. We've done one of the Catamaran snorkel and beach trips before and enjoyed that. I think we may take a cab to Chankaanab (I usually look up the spelling, but didn't this time) and check that out.

You'll have a wonderful time.

We are cruising on the Rhapsody of the Seas 10/9-15. It will be myself, DH, DH's parents, and DH's two brothers and their wives. Does anyone have any good Rhapsody tips? Maybe the daily schedules? Any must-see and/or must-do events? Which nights are formal nights?

Hi there, have you checked out the roll call for this cruise? There are lots of people who are coming back to Rhapsody for the second, third, 200th time! I'm sure they'd be happy to give suggestions! My friend and I will be on the cruise with her parents.

I went for the first time last December--it was my first cruise--and had a wonderful time. I'm not certain that I have any really specific suggestions. We just relaxed and had fun! WE did most of the shows, etc. And we did the late seating for dinner, which I definitely prefer. You don't have to worry about kids that way!

Archived