M9 Spa Mini Suite on Escape

sctexan

My family and I are very close to booking an M9 cabin on the Escape but I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you all can answer.

Are there two configurations of this cabin? One with the sofa by the balcony and one with the bed by the balcony?

The M9 cabins are below the pool area. Sleep is important to me. Normally I would not book a cabin right below the pool deck but having spa access is very important to my husband. Would you risk it?

Are the coffee makers the pod type?

Is there anything else I should think of before I possibly book this cabin?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would get as far forward as you possible can to minimize the pool noise and chair noise form above.

If it really is a concern you can always pre order spa passes at 90 days out. They run 199 a person ahead of time and 219 on ship.

Yes I am sure there is alternation bed placement but I have no idea which ones have the bed by the balcony.

Thanks Jenjer!

My TA told me that in the newer ships pool deck noise should be kept to a minimum because of the new construction. I've only been on older ships (Westerdam, Radiance and Sovereign) so I've always avoided the deck below the pool. I'm still on the fence, but may go ahead and take a leap of faith.

I'm in a spa balcony on the Escape. Most of the spa balconies & mini suites are under the spa or gym, not the pool deck. They were quiet on the Breakaway and I am expecting the same on the Escape.

That's good to know. I've been looking at the Escape deck plans (and I'm certainly no expert) but from what I can gather the spa balconies are under the Haven spa suites on the port side and the fitness center on the SB side. The spa mini-suites start at the bump out which is also where the pool deck begins on 16.

That's good to know. I've been looking at the Escape deck plans (and I'm certainly no expert) but from what I can gather the spa balconies are under the Haven spa suites on the port side and the fitness center on the SB side. The spa mini-suites start at the bump out which is also where the pool deck begins on 16.

You're right, I was looking at the color group of cabins :o. The ones closest forward across from the elevators would probably be the quietest. I was worried about the same with our spa balcony.

I'm in one of the Spa mini suites M9 category - just after the bump out part. However, I can't see it being a problem as I'm on the 2 day cruise plus 1 day Southampton leg at the end of October so it's likely to be quite cold! I will certainly report if I can hear noise in the mornings etc!

kikki21, I will be looking forward to hearing what you have to say! We're going to go ahead and book the M9 knowing we might be able to move to another if the reviews of them are not favorable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This might be helpful its drag able deck plans for Escape. If you line up the stairs you can get a good idea of what is on top of you. Not sure how to resize to get them exact but it gives you a good idea.

I don't know why the new ship construction would make a difference in noise. Most of what would be bothersome will be early in the morning when they are moving and cleaning around all the chairs.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Escape&zoom=1

Jenjer, thanks!

I found that site too and it was helpful for choosing our cabin.

I think what she meant is that the cruise lines are constructing more sound proof cabins, especially under the pool decks? That's the way I took her statement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk