Ultimate Beverage Package Gratuities?

Oxo

Have not cruised NCL for a while. Just looking into booking a cruise and saw this as a fantastic perk. However, does this include the bar/beverage gratuities or are they extra? I tried to find an answer on NCL site, but could not. Maybe I missed it. Thank you for your help in answering this question.

ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE The first two guests can enjoy a drink (who are we kidding, drinks) for the whole cruise vacation for free. That's unlimited wine, soda, beer and cocktails priced under $11. Have another, we won't tell.*

Have not cruised NCL for a while. Just looking into booking a cruise and saw this as a fantastic perk. However, does this include the bar/beverage gratuities or are they extra?
They are extra if you book through NCL US. Click on the Terms & Conditions link at the bottom of the page for the details. It can still be a fantastic perk, if you would have considered purchasing this package yourself.

Thank you! I never did drill down to Terms and Conditions. Yes, it is still a fantastic perk!!

Terms & Conditions

Booking Window: 9/1/2015 - 10/31/2015 11:59 pm EST

Applicable Sailings: 3-16 day sailings

*Pride of America sailings are not eligible for the offer. Norwegian Sky sailings beginning 12/23/15, 2016 are not eligible for the offer.

Offer is for New Individual FIT Reservations, New Group Delegates and FS bookings.

Qualifying New Individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing traditional or FS Group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits.

Offer is combinable with existing group block rates. RQs are not applicable unless RQ reservation converted to OF or BK status within the promotional booking window.

Promotion can not be held as group block.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer. All Guests in stateroom must choose same offer.

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, discretionary onboard service charges and are additional.

I assume that 'discretionary onboard service charges are additional apply to the perk.

Edited by Oxo

Government Taxes, Port Expenses & Fees, discretionary onboard service charges and are additional.

I assume that 'discretionary onboard service charges are additional apply to the perk.

This refers to the $13.50 per person per day that all passengers over 3 years old in non-suite staterooms are asked to pay during the cruise. (Search for "DSC" on this board and you will learn more than you ever thought possible about this fascinating topic.) It has nothing to do with the UBP perk.

This refers to the $13.50 per person per day that all passengers over 3 years old in non-suite staterooms are asked to pay during the cruise. (Search for "DSC" on this board and you will learn more than you ever thought possible about this fascinating topic.) It has nothing to do with the UBP perk.

Thanks again for your help. However, if that (Terms & Conditions) did not apply to the UBP, where does NCL state that with the UBP perk you must pay for the UBP gratuities? On Celebrity, if you get the UBP as a perk, you do not pay the extra 18% gratuities, unless they chaged it since March 2015.

Thanks again for your help. However, if that (Terms & Conditions) did not apply to the UBP, where does NCL state that with the UBP perk you must pay for the UBP gratuities?
It is further on, in the section on the Ultimate Beverage Package: "Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package prior to cruise." Same for the Soda Package and the Specialty Dining package. And at the bottom of the page you can see the exact charges for each package depending on the length of the cruise (and you can confirm that they correspond to 18% of the list price of the various packages on this page).

It is further on, in the section on the Ultimate Beverage Package: "Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package prior to cruise." Same for the Soda Package and the Specialty Dining package. And at the bottom of the page you can see the exact charges for each package depending on the length of the cruise (and you can confirm that they correspond to 18% of the list price of the various packages on this page).

Thanks again! I spent too much time on trying to find it. Since you quoted it in your response, I believe you. Maybe when I have nothing to do I will try and find it for myself.

Yes, I finally found it where you said. However, I would have assumed (LOL) that since those are offered as perks, the 18% would have been included in the perks. JMHO! I know that on Celebrity I have the beverage package for two as a perk and that included the 18%. I did not have to pay the 18%. So I guess I will have to learn all over again for each cruise line.

Yes, I finally found it where you said. However, I would have assumed (LOL) that since those are offered as perks, the 18% would have been included in the perks. JMHO! I know that on Celebrity I have the beverage package for two as a perk and that included the 18%. I did not have to pay the 18%. So I guess I will have to learn all over again for each cruise line.

NCL used to have a UBP that did include the 18% gratuity. But the latest perk does not.

You are right that each cruise line is different in their offers.

However, I would have assumed (LOL) that since those are offered as perks, the 18% would have been included in the perks. JMHO!
A lot of people share your opinion here, and trust me, there were a lot of complaints when they changed this perk and decided to make the guest pay the 18%. (Actually, you don't have to trust me, some of those discussions are still on the front page here.) But as you said, once you know about this charge, you can decide if it's a good deal for you or not.