Currency at Guest Services

faymuiheng

Hi , could anyone please advise if Guest services are able to break big bills?

Only currency we could get in Canada for our MED cruise, were 3x500 euros.

If not, we may have to try the airport, but I would like to try and avoid any surcharges...

Thanks all!

As a European I advise you to exchange in the most official place you can find asap...The 500€ bills are not widley excepted as they hold to much value, as a consequence to that a lot of shops, bars, restaurants etc dont take it as money because loads of people have never seen nor held the bill before and so cant make out if its counterfit or not.

Call RCI and ask if they can do it at guest services...If not get rid of them at the airport asap.(BTW 200 and 100€ bills are also nearly never used, or will give you crossed faces when they have to give you change to them....Get 50,20,10 and 5)

If not, we may have to try the airport, but I would like to try and avoid any surcharges...

Thanks all!

Guest Services might or might not be able to break the big bills and they might not be happy to do so. However breaking the bills, if they do it, won´t involve a surcharge.

If you are talking about additional currency Exchange, this is mostly offered, but don´t expect it to be any cheaper than other currency exchanges. RCI might not apply a "surcharge", but they build it in the Exchange rate offered, which is usually bad.

I also have to strongly Support Verfai´s post!!!

Thanks all!

Do you already have the Currency?

If not, the most cost effective and convenient way to get local currency is to use an ATM in the Eurozone.

We usually hit one in the airport when we arrive. Typically we get 500 euros at once, which lasts quite awhile. Our credit union ATM card assesses a 1% conversion fee which is hard to beat.

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. Yes I already have the 500 euro notes. Will attempt to exchange at the airport, if that fails, at the hotel, and if needed, a bank in ROME. The foreign currency place we used, only had 500 euro notes.