Cancelling one passenger in cabin after final payment on RCCL

bearone

Hi, I was planning a cruise with my son on Explorer sailing November 13th, but due to an unexpected event today it looks like I will need to cancel his booking(paid in full). I don't think insurance will cover it. If I decide to travel on as a single traveller and do the cruise will I need to pay extra or will the twin fare already paid cover my single supplement. Otherwise I think you lose 50 % of both fares if neither of us goes ? Has anyone had to do this before( ie travel on as a single traveller)?

Thanks in advance. Sue

Hi, I was planning a cruise with my son on Explorer sailing November 13th, but due to an unexpected event today it looks like I will need to cancel his booking(paid in full). I don't think insurance will cover it. If I decide to travel on as a single traveller and do the cruise will I need to pay extra or will the twin fare already paid cover my single supplement. Otherwise I think you lose 50 % of both fares if neither of us goes ? Has anyone had to do this before( ie travel on as a single traveller)?

Thanks in advance. Sue

Have a look at this link - see if it helps you

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=4871

At this late stage in the game, I think it would be better to ring them that way you'll get it "from the horses mouth"

Edited by dizzy1948

Thanks in advance. Sue

can you get someone to take your sons place other wise its going to cost you heaps and insurance wont cover it unless its medical related

There are answers to this situation on the RCI thread, if you want to search for it.

The gist is, if you do nothing, turn up at the check-in, tell them that your son is not coming, you will be refunded his fees & taxes, as well as any pre-paid excursions, OBC, etc.

At least this way you get some-thing.

Good luck.

On the upside, the twin fare already covers your single supplement.

As far as cancelling the second person you may be ahead by the slight return of port charges, but if you booked through a TA they may charge additional cancellation/amendment fees which may exceed those. So it comes down to whether you want to get everything set in advance, or just explain on check-in.

Thanks in advance. Sue

Just had a quick re read - who is the originator of the booking - you or your son?

Hi,

I made the booking not my son and it was direct with Royal, no travel agent involved. We are doing back to back from Singapore so I can't have him do a no show as he will already be on board for the cruise prior. We are still trying to sort out a solution to minimise loss of $$. Sue

Hi,

I made the booking not my son and it was direct with Royal, no travel agent involved. We are doing back to back from Singapore so I can't have him do a no show as he will already be on board for the cruise prior. We are still trying to sort out a solution to minimise loss of $$. Sue

A phone call should ease your mind :)