Just off Getaway...review to come but any questions?

moesyk4

Had a great experience last week on the Getaway, will post a full review when we he home but any questions? We tried just about everything on the ship including most specialties, the kids club, and the spa. We also had the ubp. Will try to answer all!

The glow party was on the second to last night. Our son was five, he went to the kids club every evening and the 12 year olds were in bliss in the evenings so we didn't see them, there were a surprising number of kids on board for being mid September. Bar service was excellent, never waited more than a minute or two for service (although we did avoid the waves pool bar during sea days). We liked the bartenders at sunset bar but honestly all were very friendly. My husband hung out in h2o a lot and loved the bartender there. We loved the food at le bistro but service was lacking...i asked for my rack of lamb medium and it was completely raw, just lukewarm. It was crazy slow, 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. Everything took at least 20 minutes (including from when we sat to get water) had an excellent experience everywhere else we ate!

We did not do the meet and greet, I do know there were several activities planned but my husband is anti organized things lol. We tried Moderno and the service was great, loved the salad bar and most of the meats, filet mignon and chicken breast were so so but definitely thought it was worth the trip!

You guys will love it! Beautiful ship and the staff was all so great. The movies were what have been listed previously...Pitch Perfect, Guardians of the Galaxy, Despicable Me 2, ET, Annie, Now you See Me, are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Most are in the Atrium which made it really hard to hear with O Sheehans and the bar right there. A few were on Spice. Our son has been with us on the last 2 cruises and I really wish they would show more kids movies under the stars in the early evening. Not much for kids to do at night and I would definitely make it a priority to see. But the only two kid's movies were in the afternoon in the atrium.

Ok, I will post an intro and then post the full review over the next couple of days! I am not one to post very detailed reviews or tons of pictures, my pictures are fine but I do try my best to enjoy the moments while I'm there and not spend it snapping pictures. They are nothing fancy.

We took this trip primarily to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was me (33 and my 7th cruise), my husband (34 and 6th cruise), my oldest son (5 and his 2nd cruise), and my mother in law (66 and her 1st cruise). We have 2 other children who are 2 and 1 who sat this one out (to me a cruise with kids under 3 does not sound like fun!) This was our first Norwegian cruise. We have previously sailed RCCL twice and Carnival 4 times. We love to cruise but are a single income family so we can only afford it every couple of years. We are happy with whatever gets us on the ship, so we have sailed everything from an upper/lower to a balcony and any length from 4-7 days.

I try to include things in my reviews that aren't just a narrative of our trip, but things that may be helpful to others. Typically, that includes ways we budgeted/adapted to save money as we try to cruise frugally, interesting info about the ship, and any special things like kid's stuff, or in this case, cruising with someone with mobility issues. My mother in law has had knee replacement surgery and walks with a cane. She does well over short distances but struggles with longer distances or uneven terrain, which definitely affected our trip.

As I said, please ask any questions along the way and I will try to answer. I'm hoping to post most of it tomorrow as I upload pictures. Thanks!

I will write more tomorrow, but wanted to post these for those that are waiting. I apologize they aren't the highest quality, these were "quick snap a pic for CC before they get destroyed" for the most part. I also included the splash academy schedules except for the room we were in.

Day 2 dailies:

URL=http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/moesyk4/media/DSCN3842_zpsxtfwusps.jpg.html]DSCN3842_zpsxtfwusps.jpg[/url]

DSCN4087_zpsspt0a9s1.jpg

Edited by moesyk4

Turtles had the same schedule as the Seals on port days. We never utilized it during the day at all. In the evenings, the schedule was I believe as below:

1) Welcome party and meeting friends

2) Super Duper Heroes

3) Turtle's Big Adventure

4) Knights, dragons, and princesses

5) Rainbows

6) Farewell Pajama party