Pride of Aloha or Pride of America???

sjkabak

My sister has asked me to book her on a Hawaii cruise for her tenth anniversary and I do not know which cruise to choose. They are both so similiar that I am not sure it makes a big difference. Of course the Pride of America is a newer ship, but not sure that is a deciding factor. I would love to hear from anyone who knows about these ships and/or have been on them. They completely trust me and will book what I recommend so I do not want to disappoint them.

Thanks!

Steven

My sister has asked me to book her on a Hawaii cruise for her tenth anniversary and I do not know which cruise to choose. They are both so similiar that I am not sure it makes a big difference. Of course the Pride of America is a newer ship, but not sure that is a deciding factor. I would love to hear from anyone who knows about these ships and/or have been on them. They completely trust me and will book what I recommend so I do not want to disappoint them.

Thanks!

Steven

I sailed on POAloha last year, and here's what I thought http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=93997&highlight=10%2F17-24.

I'm sailing on POAmerica in about two weeks, and will post a review when I return.

We sailed on Pride of Aloha in May of this year. We had a blast! We are in our early 50ties, and have cruised before. We are pretty laid back, and so we did not nit-pick every detail of the ship. We thought the crew had a great attitude and went out of their way to make sure we were pleased. We would do it all over again the same way.

We have sailed on both and noticed some differences . The cabins on the Aloha seemed a little bigger but the America has a lot more balcony cabins . The passenger density is about the same , so I would check to see which ship offers the better deal for the dates you want .

I sailed on POAloha last year, and here's what I thought http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=93997&highlight=10%2F17-24.

I'm sailing on POAmerica in about two weeks, and will post a review when I return.

BankofDad - I'll wave at you as you're getting off the ship! I'm FINALLY taking my POAloha trip on 10/23, but we'll be on Oahu by 10/21. I'll be sure to post a review when we get back, and since a lot of what we're doing is a result of your recommendations, I'm sure it will sound quite familiar!

Have a great cruise!

If you can wait til later next year, you could go aboard the new Pride of Hawaii, she is being built at the moment and is a twin sister to NCL Jewel. Speaking from personal experience, Jewel is an absolutely beautiful ship and if POH is anything like her, she will be a superb ship too.

Archived