Anyone on the Pride this week with updates?

PaCUfan

The people who will be flying into Baltimore are the ones with the real problems. When sandy hit up here PHL was closed for days.

and that would be me .... one more stress to add to my list .

we always fly in the day before when we cruise but because its not winter and its only an hour we figured no big deal, I will not do this again.. however I do have insurance, I am assuming if you can not fly in, and the cruise is still on I'm assuming that is covered , I hope.

If you have a lot of money invested in the cruise and really don't want to miss it, an option that my family has used before is rent a car through Avis. We left on a Sunday so my parents needed to be home by Monday, but we had Saturday to travel. You could rent a car through Avis, drop it off at a location by the port and they either drive you to the port or take a taxi to the port. And then you can just fly home. Normally you can rent the car from the airport you were going to fly from so your car is already parked there.

Everyone is disappointed that we missed our stop at Half Moon Cay.

Many are concerned that to get back to Baltimore we have to sail thru a hurricane with (150) mph sustained winds!

Right now we are sailing west of Key West, Florida. The rain has subsided and the wind is only a breeze, with overcast skies.

Wally

and that would be me .... one more stress to add to my list .

we always fly in the day before when we cruise but because its not winter and its only an hour we figured no big deal, I will not do this again.. however I do have insurance, I am assuming if you can not fly in, and the cruise is still on I'm assuming that is covered , I hope.

I dont fly often, so I dont know the rules of flights, but could you change the flight to, say, Pittsburgh airport and drive to the port from there? Pittsburgh is probably a 3 1/2 (ish) hour drive to the port. Im about 45 mins east of Pitt and we drive to the Baltimore port for our cruises... Just a thought?

John Heald

2 hrs ·

I thought you might like to read a note to me from Steve Knisley, CD of the Carnival Pride and his report on thir cruise which has been adjusted due to Hurricane Jokequeen.

“ Hey John, we called into Gand Turk and were meant to extend our stay until 5:00pm but it became clear quick that we would have to leave as it was a challenge just to remain tied up alongside. The captain decided to call all the guests back (with the help of the Margaretville DJ) and we set sail even earlier than our original schedule leaving at about 1:00pm. I stood outside Guest Services with a map of the storm and explained to the guests our new route, captain even joined in for a while to ease any fears.

We have since cancelled HMC and are proceeding to Freeport vas the “Old Bahama Channel”. The cast came together and were able to pull of an adjusted version of “88 Keys” and both audiences loved it. I came on stage prior to each show during the pre-show to again let guests know that the Captain is maintaining a safe distance from the storm and that if you have any worries to rest assure we are good.

Even our late night “Quest” activity was as busy as ever and lots of people enjoying themselves. Today we have a full day planned and anticipate good participation there is only a gentle moving of the ship. Tonight Baltimore play Pittsburgh in Thursday night football so that should keep a lot of guests busy. The mood is good a little bit of disappointment having to spend so much time at sea but overall the guests have been amazing and so understanding that safety is first always.”

Steve M. Knisley

Cruise Director

Carnival Pride

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Steve, so glad that most guests have been understanding. It is never nice and always disappointing when weather effects a cruise but safety of the ship and those on the vessel always must and will come first.............agreed ?

Everyone is disappointed that we missed our stop at Half Moon Cay.

Many are concerned that to get back to Baltimore we have to sail thru a hurricane with (150) mph sustained winds!

Right now we are sailing west of Key West, Florida. The rain has subsided and the wind is only a breeze, with overcast skies.

Wally

I am a little confused with the location of the pride stated above. The ship sailed from Grand turk to west of key west? So its now in the gulf of mexico?

That does not seem to be in line with the ship going to Freeport tomorrow.

That happened on a recent hurricane...Irene, Isabell, or Sandy. They weathered the storm in the bay on Sunday night and ended cancelling the cruise.

It was Sandy, my brother was suppose to be on that cruise, actually they got on the ship and were having a drink after lunch when they were told the cruise was cancelled and all pax needed to get off asap....ship weathered the storm in the bay....

Yep. I was on the cancelled Sandy cruise too. We had 18 people that drove to Baltimore from western New York. (Buffalo area). After loading up with Dramamine, eating lunch on the Lido deck, having a few drinks, and some were unpacked - they cancelled our cruise.

Needless to say - NOT a fun ride ride home back to Buffalo and getting home at 1:00 am.

Hope you all fare better than we did.

Just got an upsell call from Carnival ( first time ever!) for this cruise. Offered to move us to a balcony room from a french door obstructed view interior for $250. I passed, but was wondering if a lot of people were cancelling??

Edited by leaderdogmom

I am a little confused with the location of the pride stated above. The ship sailed from Grand turk to west of key west? So its now in the gulf of mexico?

That does not seem to be in line with the ship going to Freeport tomorrow.

Probably means the ship is now sailing west to Key West from Grand Turk. Probably hugging the northern coast of Cuba. The CD gave the route in his report posted above, and the poster you just quoted probably just mis typed - I do that all the time.

Freeport, Bahamas - Cancelled

The Captain just announced that the stop at Freeport has been canceled.

Hurricane Joaquin has been upgraded to a Category (4) storm. This is the biggest storm to hit the Bahamas in over 150 years.

We are going to make a run for Baltimore, MD.

All passengers will receive a 50 % refund on their cruise fare. Also, all passengers will receive a 50 % discount on their next Carnival Cruise.

We will be arriving in Baltimore ahead of schedule on Sunday.

My dear, sweet parents are also on this cruise and I have been able to get this update from you.

Thank you, wallygator21015, for taking the time to post. I am sorry that this spin to the islands have taken this turn. Sending good vibes to the Pride and all of its precious cargo! Fair Winds and Following Seas...

I am thinking that we will arrive early on Sunday morning, maybe 7:00 AM. But I really don't know.

I just walked around the outside promenade deck for the first time on this cruise.

The conditions were normal. No rain, clam seas, and breezy, with an overcast.

We are just below Florida, about 1000 miles to Baltimore.

I'm thinking that we may be able to outrun the hurricane.

It will probably be raining when we arrive in Baltimore.

No need to worry

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am thinking that we will arrive early on Sunday morning, maybe 7:00 AM. But I really don't know.

I just walked around the outside promenade deck for the first time on this cruise.

No need to worry

Thank you for taking the time to post. Safe travels to you!!

No need to worry

Glad to hear all is well, enjoy the day! Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted!

Well it looks like the hurricane will go east, so that's a bit of good news.

Any thoughts on the ports we'll stop at since Bahamas is under water? I purchased an excursion at Freeport but i'm fairly certain it will be cancelled.

I would be surprised if your excursion is cancelled... the grand Bahama island is located in the northwest area of the Bahamas and should have a much lighter impact then some of the eastern Bahama Islands.

According to the National Hurricane Center it appears it is slowing down and will not directly hit Baltimore. We're still going to get some storms but not as bad as everyone feared.

Once wave action begins in the ocean, it really takes a lot of time and distance for things to settle back down. Waves will be rocking and rolling all weekend long. Passengers should take all normal precautions and sea sick meds if they are embarking this w/e.