Anyone on the Pride this week with updates?

PaCUfan

Sure is a small world!! Wonder if we know each other?? LOL!!! If you ever went to the hardware store ( the old Ace), my husband Don worked there til they closed.

I sure hope this hurricane fizzles out- I don't mind the rocky ocean and I'd be ok with a change in itinerary. I don't want to drive all the way to Baltimore only to have to drive home again. I did stock up on some ginger pills and dramamine just in case!

I miss the old Ace, sure is nice having the new grocery store though. With it being such a small town I'm sure we have ran into or saw each other before.:) I have lived here 18 years.

I was told cruising out of Baltimore would be rocky and was worried with the storm and also stocked up on ginger candy and Dramamine but the water was smooth as glass except for our last night!

Take care and have a safe and fun trip.

OP sorry to thread jack, just we live in a very small town and it was a surprise to see someone on here from there.:D

It's way too early to tell, the 5 day forecast of a hurricane is suspect at best. Different computer models are portraying vastly different paths for this storm after tomorrow evening.

No one likes the unknown but we pretty much have to wait until the storm turns North (which is almost all they can say for sure it will do) and a hurricane hunter flight happens for them to hopefully run computer models again and narrow down the projected path.

I'm starting my journey to the pride on Friday from Canada, so I really hope it veers NE by then :)

No, we sure don't. Still trying to decide if it's the best option / decision since the cruise may not leave until Monday.

You are kidding right?

You are worried because nothing is In the carnival page but cruise could be affected, but you are dragging your own feet when we know a probably serious storm is likely to be in the area you want to be in?

I don't know, maybe being from a coastal town we just grew up understanding this stuff.

There is no way the cruise line knows today about the weekends. The storm could do anything including go completely away or getting stronger. It can make a wild swing one way or the other. You can't out guess a storm, but what you can do is be ready on your part for the worst you can expect.

That is why when a storm is heading towards my town people do not sit around waiting to the last minute. They start storm preparations when they first hear it could be headed our way.

So what if the cruise is delayed to Monday? I would start thinking about booking a hotel now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That happened on a recent hurricane...Irene, Isabell, or Sandy. They weathered the storm in the bay on Sunday night and ended cancelling the cruise.

It was Sandy, my brother was suppose to be on that cruise, actually they got on the ship and were having a drink after lunch when they were told the cruise was cancelled and all pax needed to get off asap....ship weathered the storm in the bay....

Edited by Drazil65

Folks,

Here is the latest update on our current position as of 3:45 AM - October 1, 2015

We are cruising east along the northern coast of Cuba at 18.5 kts.

Access to the outside decks is restricted due to heavy wind and rain.

The most recent letter from the Captain states that we will dock at Freeport at 7:00 AM on Friday, and leave at 1:30 PM.

The letter also states that we will dock in Baltimore at 10:00 AM on Sunday.

Folks,

Here is the latest update on our current position as of 3:45 AM - October 1, 2015

We are cruising east along the northern coast of Cuba at 18.5 kts.

Access to the outside decks is restricted due to heavy wind and rain.

The most recent letter from the Captain states that we will dock at Freeport at 7:00 AM on Friday, and leave at 1:30 PM.

The letter also states that we will dock in Baltimore at 10:00 AM on Sunday.

I am so sorry you missed HMC , but glad your all staying safe, is it a rough ride,

I will be getting on this Sunday and sitting on the edge of my seat .

safe travels home to everyone on board