April 10 Carrib Princess cruisers.....

minnjudy

Were they Eastern or Western Carrib?

Can't wait to hear what they say about the ship and ports.

Many of us are waiting for more info/photos/etc...

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01 Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

I think they were Western Caribbean again, but as I followed the brige cam this week, it looks like they missed a stop in Grand Cayman. I'm interested to see what happened there or if the cam was just pointed at the ship all day.

Caribbean Princess - 4/2004

Dawn Princess - 12/2003

Sea Princess - 12/2000

Emerald Seas - 7/1984

The April 10th sailing was Western. And we did miss Grand Cayman.

Sadly, the weather didn't cooperate and the waves were too large to tender in. Six ships had to be cancelled and the port was closed for the day.

Instead we had a very windy and rocky day at sea.

**Mandee**

2/03 Golden Princess

4/04 Caribbean Princess

Hi Mandee- I am on the 4/24 Eastern sailing of CP. I was wondering if you could comment on the dining situation last week...was wondering if it improved from the previous week (there were so many negative comments from the week 1 cruisers--I think mainly working the kinks of a new ship out)?

If you had PC dining, did you have to make reservations? Were there long waits? Did you eat at any of the specialty restaurants?

Can you comment on any positive/negative things about week 2? Thank you--hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Suzy

Suzee- I had PC Dining. On the first night we didn't make reservations and ate in the Coral Dining Room on Deck 6. We were a group of 6 and had to wait about 30 minutes for a table around 7:30. The service was extremely bad that night. The remaining nights we made reservations at 8 pm in the Island on Deck 5. We sat with the same waiter everynight (Edwin) and it was the greatest. The service was awesome and he was a nice guy. The lines didn't seem that long at 8 every other night. Didn't make it to Sterling Steakhouse, it was booked solid. I did Sabatini's last time and it was too much food to do it again.

As for the rest of the cruise, it was different. I sailed on the Golden last February and had Graham as CD and an awesome cruise staff. Paul wasn't visible a lot, which I understand is because he is leaving in about 3 weeks and is just there to get things organized. I was always able to find available deck chairs which wasn't always an option last year. Skywalkers was a lot of fun. Go the last night, everyone is there and it's a lot of fun. Our room steward, Jolanda, was the greatest. I really don't have many complaints. The service wasn't as good but I think once they get everything worked out it will come together. The CP is an awesome ship and you will enjoy your cruise!!

**Mandee**

2/03 Golden Princess

4/04 Caribbean Princess

Thanks for the good info.....I sailed with Graham on the Grand 2 years ago and I agree, he is hard to top! I almost wish I could push my cruise out a few more weeks and wait for his arrival! James was the asst CD with Graham and I liked him too but I haven't read too many positive comments about him the last few weeks. I ate at Sabatini's on the Grand and it was fabulous---I agree, too much food so I'm going to take a pass his time around. Did you hear anything from those who ate at the steakhouse?

Bill: When I started reading about all the PC issues, I called the cruise line and I am on a waitlist for 2nd seating traditional -- just to play it safe--I've moved from #142 to #134 in 1 week!! BUT, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it! Whatever happens is meant to be! lol

Thanks all--

Suzy

I read that Graham was taking over on July 24th on the CP.

Now I read that Paul is leaving in three weeks.

WHo will be my CD on July 17th, does anyone know?

Also, where does the CP dock i nSt Thomas?

Thanks for any info!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;7;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until the Caribbean Princess!

Sovereign of the Seas 8/98

Premier Seabreeze 4/99

Norwegian Wind 4/00

Norwegian Majesty 4/01

Holland America Volendam 11/01

Grand Princess 4/02

Carnival Fascination 5/02

Costa Atlantica 11/02

Golden Princess 3/03

Explorer of the Seas 7/03

Sun Princess 11/03

Caribbean Princess 07/04