Carnival Glory January 23, 2016

RoyalVisit

For St. Thomas, did you book the national park tour?

We want to go to St. John, but aren't sure if we want to just go over on a ferry and hit the beach, or do something more involved.

Yup we booked the National Park Tour, I thought it would be easier and I've read various posts about the ferries being inconsistent so that makes me a little nervous. Apparently the tour boat to the island leaves near where the cruise ship is but that's just what I've read in posts.

We're actually flying down Thursday to visit family before the cruise, then driving to Miami Saturday. Right now it looks like it's going to be more of a Friday night into Saturday storm, so if you're leaving Friday, I think you should be fine... either way, it's just making my co-workers even more jealous... We missed a blizzard the last time we were out in January!

We are supposed to fly Friday afternoon and arrive in Miami around 7pm but we connect in Philadelphia. If AA invokes the weather policy we might fly Thursday instead. Luckily we have some flexibility. We missed a massive snow storm years ago for the same reason...we were on a cruise when it hit. My parents missed a rare hurricane here because they were on a cruise. I'm thinking positive so we will get there!

Finally got assignment! Deck 1 ocean view so I'm happy with that and it's not an adjoining cabin which I prefer. Since this was our first time using a guarantee, I think next time we will just book a specific cabin. I didn't like the waiting!

Now you can finally print the luggage tags!

We did a guarantee on our first cruise... and got an adjoining room. We heard every complaint from the older couple next door. We didn't book one again until this cruise because the rate was too good to pass up.

One more day of work for us - getting the camera batteries charged tonight and finalizing the packing:D

Yes exactly my concern too. I might try the guarantee again but right now it doesn't seem worth the wait.

We changed our flights to tomorrow because AA put their weather policy into effect. We arrive late in Miami but I am less anxious because we will be in Miami earlier to avoid the storm. Packing done! Safe travels!