Caribbean Beach Advice

boatyard has a wet n wild beach party like atmosphere that really gets going in the afternoons when they crank up the music (and the free shots)... its not for everyone

harbour lights is just next door and has a more chilled picnic on the beach like atmosphere

you can always walk up to one (or the other) if you'd like a change/rest anyone can go in and buy a drink at either

the same vendors/boat trip guys etc operate along the whole of the beach regardless of which club you are in (its all the same beach)

Thank you. They are advertising a boat trip which includes nibbles and fizz which sounded nice but we are open to all ideas. He is not keen to plan anything but wants to just get off and see. I've seen reports that Roadtown itself is not so nice though.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

roadtown itself is quite pretty, typically caribbean (not developed) there's not a lot there, some bars near the port

or you can walk up to the dolphin enclosure follow the road through roadtown and at the oitskirts of town on the corner (this enclosure is contaminated by sewage v sadly... you can smell it as you approach)

you can get an open sided safari bus from the port for the trip over sage mountain to cane garden beach (you can smell the herbs on sage mountain....which takes your mind off the precipitous drop) they will stop for photos if you ask the driver (great view of the ship from up there)

cane garden bay has a long beach with bars/shops and a rum factory nearby

or the ferry from roadtown ferry dock over to virgin gorda ($30 return) runs about hourly, great snorkelling at the baths and beautiful beachs (devils bay/spring bay) at virgin gorda

hope this helps

I you look at the What's in port site, there is a link there where you can select a calendar to find what ships are there any particular day. Also useful information and a map of the port. http://www.whatsinport.com/

I have always been ok on ship run trips to a beach. If beds are included, they are usually all together on a section of the beach.

That's brilliant Gill! Less than 500 passengers on the other 2 ships in so looking like it will be peaceful. Time to start talking to him about what there is to gauge his preferences. He's not big on surprises.

Hi SparkyB

Back now checked my diary but don't have a lot more to add from geos post only that we will defiantly be doing harbour lights and may bump into you at some time, a roll call has been started:)

Shall I save you a sun lounger? [emoji6]