Luggage on last day

lynnek

Please can anyone tell me if there is an option to have your luggage sent on to the airport straight from the ship so you can enjoy the last day without any luggage? I have previously done this with Royal Caribbean and paid $20 per case.

Please can anyone tell me if there is an option to have your luggage sent on to the airport straight from the ship so you can enjoy the last day without any luggage? I have previously done this with Royal Caribbean and paid $20 per case.

Celebrity calls is Luggage Valet.

It is offered only in certain ports on certain itineraries.

Ask when you board for information on "Luggage Valet" it's $20 for 2 suitcases.

Here's a link to a post with a copy of the form and details, from 2013.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44435549&postcount=11

Edited by cle-guy

Sorry I should have said its Singapore that we end the cruise.

Bags from Singapore to Melbourne Australia were $175US per bag so about $200-250 to the USA and up to a week to get them to your home. It really does not work outside the US because you are paying for freight not simply sending them to the airport. You also need to clear Customs in Singapore and Security at the airport in Singapore.

Edited by az_tchr

I've asked this same question in respect of Miami.

We want to shop at Aventura Mall prior to our British Airways evening flight back to UK without dragging suitcases around all day.

Edited by kadikale

I've asked this same question in respect of Miami.

We want to shop at Aventura Mall prior to our British Airways evening flight back to UK without dragging suitcases around all day.

While it is usually available in Miami, as you are on an international flight, Luggage Valet is not allowed.

Singapore is a small country. You can go to the airport and leave your luggage and then go out for the day. We have done this when we have had an 8pm flight home & disembarked a cruise ship. Get a cab to the airport, drop off our bags, catch a train and go out shopping or sight seeing & then get the train back to the airport. We only caught the cab to the airport to cut our travel time.

I have a day hotel provided by Celebrity in Miami because I have a 9pm flight. Originally it was supposed to be a 5pm flight but I upgraded the seats and they had to change flight. So I asked what do I do and they told me they are providing a day room for me. I am lucky because it means I can drop luggage off. Maybe look into a day room??