Legends in Concert coming to the Pearl

leeker13

We saw it on the Pearl in early October. It was okay. Elton John, Madonna and Tina Turner. The Elton was okay, the Madonna not so good and the Tina was pretty good. My husband remarked that it might have been a better show if it were just the performers doing the songs rather than trying to impersonate them. We've seen Elton John 3 times and that guy was nothing like him.

The lady playing Madonna was way too high and squeaky, but the lady doing Tina Turner had it pretty much spot on.

Jen

We saw it on the Pearl in early October. It was okay. Elton John, Madonna and Tina Turner. The Elton was okay, the Madonna not so good and the Tina was pretty good. My husband remarked that it might have been a better show if it were just the performers doing the songs rather than trying to impersonate them. We've seen Elton John 3 times and that guy was nothing like him.

The lady playing Madonna was way too high and squeaky, but the lady doing Tina Turner had it pretty much spot on.

Jen

But I would think there are cast changes.

Jen

We thought he looked quite a bit like him (at a certain age) but did not sound much like him at all. A "tribute" would be a better description than "impersonation".

Edited by ronandannette

We thought he looked quite a bit like him (at a certain age) but did not sound much like him at all. A "tribute" would be a better description than "impersonation".

In September when we saw the show, I had pretty much the same thoughts. The Elton John had the look, but not so much vocally. The Madonna sounded more like Cindy Lauper! The Tina Turner rocked vocally and looked like her too.

One thing about Elton that kind of cracked us up is he was way too high energy--more like 80s Elton than current Elton. When we've seen him, he sits on his piano bench, sings the song, then kind of waves when it's over and goes on to the next song.. There is generally no walking around and no banter.

Now, if they had a 70s-80's Elton with the crazy outfits and Donald Duck costume--that would be a show to see!

Jen