Lost world canopy tour review from 9-11-05

dsnygrl

When you first walk through the entrance of the cave it is a little dark but its not at all scary. They have tiki torches burning and it looks really cool. It takes less than 30 seconds to walk through this part. The center of the cave is light and sunny and that is where the trees are located. As you walk up the trail to get to the starting point, you walk through a few rocky parts and our guide did point out some fruit bats, 3 of them, hiding high on the top. Its not scary, relax. You will understand it all when you get there. It is a wonderful, cool thing. You will enjoy it.

I was also on the Explorer of the Seas, which we got back on 10/16. The tour was fantastic and I loved it. Me and my boyfriend had a blast. They were in a hurry and did provide us lunch on the bus. it was a very bumpy ride to say the least. You walk through the caves in the beginning and then you start climbing rock walls. they have a path and it is very safe. There were young children on the tour also and they had no fear at all. I think the girl was 8 and a little boy was 9. I would recommend it and i would definately do it again. It was worth my 99.00.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to get very scared when traveling to other countries. you mentioned a military presence at one stop, what are we talking? I am chicken when it comes to seeing military or police with machine guns (obvioulsy not american soldiers)

also, my 8 year old daughter has expressed an interest in going. Would this be okay for someone so you, she is very active and I think will do ok based on what I have read.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not feel unsafe in Belize because we were with a group. More I would say, a little uncomfortable. You pass through a military type check point on the way to the site. It is basically a small shack on the side of the road and 2 guys standing outside and they did have guns. The bus drives right through and does not stop or anything. They said it was because of the country that they border. The tour operator also claimed that there is only a 3% crime rate there and that it is very safe. It is very poor though and I think that has something to do with the feel of it. We took our 11 year old on the tour and she did fine. They told her not to try to slow down or anything that they would stop her at the end and to just hold on and have fun.

• 5 years later...

My SO and myself are setting out on Feb 26th and I'm taking either this excursion or the Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave excursion. Can anyone who has done both let me know which would be the best one? thanks:cool:

Archived