Marseille / Disembarkation

Ashling

Hi, We are booked on a med cruise from/to Marseille. Is anyone able to confirm the earliest you can leave the ship on the day of departure. We are in the yacht club so have priority disembarkation. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, as I need to book onward travel and timings will be important. Thanks in advance.

Hi, We are booked on a med cruise from/to Marseille. Is anyone able to confirm the earliest you can leave the ship on the day of departure. We are in the yacht club so have priority disembarkation. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, as I need to book onward travel and timings will be important. Thanks in advance.

You may have to self disembark, ie, not put your cases out the night before and carry them off yourself.As you are in the YC you may be able to arrange for them to be taken off for you.

i would allow 90 minutes from the published docking time, to allow for the ship's port clearance and your passport control and customs clearance as the time for arranging onward transport, eg taxi or limo.

There are published docking times between 09:00 and 13:00

and depending on which ship, either Tuesday (Fantasia); Friday/Saturday (Preziosa) or Sunday (Splendida) .

Weekend days may be less congested for the onward travel.

All in all a lot to consider .

i hope this has been useful.

Pete

It is 8 km (5miles) from the cruise port to the Eurostar station (St. Charles) according to the taxi !3 web site

Boarding for the departures of the Cruise ship "Cap Janet", located at Gate 4 : 8km from the Saint Charles train station (10 minutes by car),

My guess is that if you leave 30- 40 minutes for loading the car, travel, unload the luggage, pay the driver and get to the platform you should be OK, assuming you have already got your train ticket

So a total time of 2hrs - 2hrs 15 minutes as a minimum after docking should be adequate to catch the train

At the moment direct Eurostar trains going to North for London leave at 15:22 on Fridays and Saturdays which just fits in with a docking at 13:00 and the timings i have suggested. So it I think it will be do-able without too much worry, especially if you have a prebooked taxi ready and waiting at the docks for you.

Good luck with your travels

have a great cruise

Pete

A map of the relative positions of the cruise terminal and the railway station

marseille%20port.jpg

Edited by Skier52