Teas on Disney Magic

zaos

Any idea what teas will be available onboard, either included or additional? Their wine list doesn't inspire confidence.

Trying to determine if this will be another thing to pack - your help will be much appreciated.

Edited by zaos

Any idea what teas will be available onboard, either included or additional? Their wine list doesn't inspire confidence.

Trying to determine if this will be another thing to pack - your help will be much appreciated.

In the MDRs and at the drink stations - Twining's tea (for hot tea). Iced tea at the drink station is Fuze. In the MDRs iced tea is brewed, but not sure what brand.

In Cove Cafe we found a specialty tea (not sure of the brand). But it was loose leaves.

You can order a carafe of boiling to hot water from room service for no charge, just a tip, and enjoy your tea in your Stateroom if you wish, or get hot water from the drinks stations on the pool deck.

ex techie

On deck they have at least 8 different Twining teas. I remember regular black tea, chamomile, Earl Grey (regular and decaf), Mint and Blackcurrant Breeze. The Blackcurrant makes awesome iced tea. I don't remember the other flavors but I thought they had a good selection of black and herbal teas.

Agree--I hate the stuff in the dispensers at the beverage station, so I always get an extra "to go" glass from the MDRs to take with me. However, the hot tea selection is decent. I also typically bring a styrofoam cup and use it to brew my own ice tea during the day.

If you're looking for hot tea, Disney is the one cruise line where you'll be fine. While the drink dispensers offer twinnings tea bags, in the dining room it's been Tea Leaves brand. My mother (who is a tea drinker) has always been able to get a couple of extra MDR tea bags to take with her so she can have good tea through the day as well. Tea Leaves is a very good brand and have a large variety of flavours available.

The only issue we've had is having the water hot enough but that's not something you could solve by bringing your own tea bags.

Cove Cafe does have a nice offering of black, green, and other teas for brewing (at a price).

I travel with my own teas and raw sugar :D but don't mind the Twinings. I like to grab some tea bags and brew iced tea in the room fridge overnight (I do the same at WDW.) The 24-hr stations have Nestea YUCK stuff in the fountains. It's not brewed.

I've always been offered Twinings in the dining room for hot tea on the Magic.

This pic is a couple years old but I think the selection is the same.

527844_279986198743042_623705835_n.jpg?oh=b134a032fb948fef1606fcfe31c34730&oe=56CBC9B3

If you follow my Instagram page oooraeooo you will see I am a tea nerd.

Thank you all. I'll be on the Magic, so sounds like Twinnings all the way. I'll bring my Harney Earl Grey for cabin use :) and suffer through it at the MDR until I work up the nerve to bring that in too.

In the picture, the Earl Grey looks different than the usual US purple I've had - might try it if available just to see. Perhaps the picture was from a sailing outside the US.

Edit: Actually, I'll probably find an alternate since Harney begs for boiling water. Darn.

Edited by zaos