jewel JS Closets

sueb

Sorry for what might seem a very dumb question... how large is the ''walk in" closet? How many drawers, room for suite cases etc. Any Pictures as to its' layout? We are traveling with 2 teens so it actually is an important question in reguards to storage and 'free space'.

Thanks all!

For a rough visual, go to the Jewel deck plans at RCCL.com, go to deck 10 and click on the JS. You will get the usual picture plus a diagram of the room from above that shows the closet vying for competition with the bathroom in size (ok, well, maybe half the size or 3/4)! I think the JS is a cool room, extra elbow room and all, but may be a tight squeeze with teens unless you are a tight family and really do get along when it comes to all getting ready with one bathroom........ Have a great cruise:)

The JS Closets are definitely walkin but that said, they aren't huge. As you walk in the wall right runs about 18 inches, then turn and you have floor to ceiling shelving about 3.5 feet, turn and the entire back wall is hanging space, with double bars that go up or down. Turn, very little wall out from the hanging space and turn...about two feet back to the door (this wall has hooks on it.) If you hang a lot of short items, you can get a couple of larger suitcases on the floor underneath at the bck of the closet. I like to place one large rolling locker type suitcase and a collapsible clothes hamper to the left of the door.

The closet is not a solid rectangle...rather it is angled but I would say that overall, it is about 3.5 X 6 feet. The JS does have, in addition to the normal drawers and vanity, a floor to ceiling enclosed shelf unit between the vanity and closet wall that holds a lot. Its about 30 inches wide and fairly deep with three shelves plus the bottom..nice. You will have to be organized but there is a lot of room in the JS.... I would try to put most of the suitcases under the bed even if you have to open them.

Hope this helps, Deb

Thanks! That info will help a lot.

Decided to bunk together because no inside rooms close to ours (1100). It is only a 6 nighter so thought we would give it a go. We will have to figure out a bathroom schedule or send the boys to the gym to shower. : )

Imagine that.....its our favorite cabin...stayed there twice on Brilliance. Here are my pics...sorry, not a good one of the closet:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

You will absolutely love the balcony and it will help since there are four of you in the cabin. Its a good hike to the back but really no big deal and its quiet back there and very private. I know you will be happy with your choice! Deb

I dunno, I thought the closet in 1100 on the Radiance (a sister ship) was enormous, especially by cruise ship standards. There was one set of shelves and two rows of hanging space, and one person could use it for a changing room. I would have said it's more like 5x9 or so. My recollection is that there was no long hanging space, however, so dresses or long skirts would hit the bar below. But I may be recalling incorrectly - it's been known to happen.:rolleyes:

1100 - yes, now that was a cabin to remember..........

not only did all our visitors rave about our cabin, the view from our spacious balcony, and the bathroom, but even the our closet was larger then our daughters E1 balcony and would easily hold enough clothes for a maximum of 4 people.

I now always book aft cabins they are definitely worth the extra steps.

Critterchick....

The closet is plenty big but I didn't want to overstate it and have the OP be disappointed...you are right that its a great closet for a cruise cabin. Yes, you can change in there...nice to have a little privacy.

Regarding the hanging space for long dresses, our closet definitely had two sets of rods on the bottom that would swing up or down depending on your need for long or short stuff. With just the two of us, the upper bar was plenty to hold all our clothes and that was for a 10 and 11 dayer so I just left the bars up.

I will say that our JS on the recent Mariner had a little better floor to ceiling shelving on the right...even more than the Brilliance. We are spoiled with that closet...imagine my face when we got to our JS on Rhapsody and no walk-in....:( .

Sorry for what might seem a very dumb question... how large is the ''walk in" closet? How many drawers, room for suite cases etc. Any Pictures as to its' layout? We are traveling with 2 teens so it actually is an important question in reguards to storage and 'free space'.

Thanks all!

The closet in the Jr. Suite is a walk-in closet with shelves and hanging space. My husband and I danced in our closet - that's how big it is!

There are about 8 shelves. The drawers are part of the vanity area. There are 3 drawers on each side of the desk.

Thanks everyone for responding. This is the second time we have booked this cabin. Last time we had to cancel the day before the cruise due to illness in the family. (very dissapointing and, yes , we had insurance ) First time in a JS. Can't wait! Thanks All : )

Archived