Twin Beds Converted to Queen (Inside Cabin)

CapCrunch

Another one I'm sure is discussed here somewhere already, but...

I'm booked for an Inside cabin where the two twin beds can be converted to a Queen sized bed. It looks like if you do this there'd be no room on either side to "dismount" - is that the case, and was it a problem for you? Have you had this Queen-sized bed configuration? Is it comfortable, or is there a crack down the middle of the bed? If you want it, who do you tell and when?

I know, questions, questions...

The amount of room is the same no matter what configuration the beds are put in. I'm not sure I understand your question? We personally always choose the two twins but that's just our preference not because of space issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm booked for an Inside cabin where the two twin beds can be converted to a Queen sized bed. It looks like if you do this there'd be no room on either side to "dismount" - is that the case, and was it a problem for you? Have you had this Queen-sized bed configuration? Is it comfortable, or is there a crack down the middle of the bed? If you want it, who do you tell and when?

We had no issues at all in the inside cabin. Actually, it felt more like a king size bed than a queen. I have a queen at home and it was definitely a bit bigger. Plenty of room on both sides to manuever in and out and even room for both side tables.

The split down the bed is there but you won't notice it unless you are looking for it. They put enough padding or something on top to make it non-existent.

When we booked our cabin they asked us how we prefer the room set up to be (i.e. leave the two twins or combine the beds). They had that in our preferences so I think that's how they knew. If you were to change the configuration once you got on the ship, I would imagine your steward/ess would have no problem doing it.

The amount of room is the same no matter what configuration the beds are put in. I'm not sure I understand your question? We personally always choose the two twins but that's just our preference not because of space issues.

It's just going to be me in the room. If you look at the photos of the room, there's a couple of feet of space between the two twin beds. It looks like if the twin beds are put together, that space in the middle is gone. But maybe the two beds are slid together, and that empty space is then on either side of the queen sized bed, or perhaps on one side of it? I don't know if the beds are attached to the wall, so I don't know how they're moved to combine them. It's just because I've never been in one of these cabins, I'm sure once you are it's apparent. I do get the feeling the cabin might feel roomier if the beds are left separate. I haven't slept in a twin bed since I was a kid, but then, I don't move around a lot. Just like to know what my options are!

The beds are not attached to anything... they can be moved freely. Typically when combined both are moved towards the center and you have the former space from the middle divided on either side.

If you prefer, they can be pushed to one side also.

When we booked our cabin they asked us how we prefer the room set up to be (i.e. leave the two twins or combine the beds). They had that in our preferences so I think that's how they knew.

I booked a charter online, so no one asked. Thanks! I guess they must just slide both beds together then

I booked a charter online, so no one asked. Thanks! I guess they must just slide both beds together then

You can call NCL directly or your TA, whomever you booked through, and tell them how you want the bed configured.

The beds can also be combined (to queen) and pushed all the way to the wall so you will have more space since it's only you. You will be able to get out of the bed on one side only but have more room on that side if it's pushed all the way up to the wall. I bet that configuration would be best.

Once you are onboard if you do not like the setup your steward will gladly change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No question it will feel roomier with the beds split apart. It will also be easier to store your luggage under the beds. When they are put together the width of the aisle in the middle is cut in half and on both sides of the bed. Either way, if the configuration isn't what you want when you board, just ask the room steward to rearrange and it will be done after the luggage is delivered.

You can call NCL directly or your TA, whomever you booked through, and tell them how you want the bed configured.

The beds can also be combined (to queen) and pushed all the way to the wall so you will have more space since it's only you. You will be able to get out of the bed on one side only but have more room on that side if it's pushed all the way up to the wall. I bet that configuration would be best.

I think you may be right. But, what will they do with the extra night table then?

Actually, I think I'll leave it as it is for now - probably it will work best for me to have one bed to sleep in, and one to put stuff on.

BTW, I noticed in a photo that when you arrive at your cabin, there's some kind of bed cover that says something like "Please put your luggage here." That amused me - what's the reason for that, in case your luggage is dirty? (See "How often do they change the sheets" thread!) I thought maybe as a temporary place to put it while you check for bed bugs. Which I intend to do - someone mentioned them somewhere here and it freaked me out. But of course, doing a bed bug check is de rigueur in ANY rented room now.

Edited by CapCrunch

I was solo in an ocean view and had the bed made into a queen. It was tight. Depending on the head of the bed and where the desk and chair is, I couldn't go around the one side without sitting down on the bed. And I had an overhead bunk in my way also. It was ok to have the larger sleeping area but if I did it again, I'd definitely keep them apart.

I was solo in an ocean view and had the bed made into a queen. It was tight. Depending on the head of the bed and where the desk and chair is, I couldn't go around the one side without sitting down on the bed. And I had an overhead bunk in my way also. It was ok to have the larger sleeping area but if I did it again, I'd definitely keep them apart.

Ok, you've convinced me to leave it the way it is - two twins!

We arrived on our last cruise to find we had single beds. I queried with the room steward and she said that she always leaves them that way for "people your age". (We are both in our 70's :D) She made them into a queen with no problem.

I agree that there is not a lot of room in an inside cabin however the beds are set up. But on your own I would agree that two singles, using one as a "dumping ground" may well be better.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Retired Coin Collecting Kiwi by Choice.

We arrived on our last cruise to find we had single beds. I queried with the room steward and she said that she always leaves them that way for "people your age". (We are both in our 70's :D)

:eek:

LOL If you'd told them at the reception desk they'd probably have comped you something for that! Yikes!

Our most recent two cruises have been in an inside cabin with the twin beds made into a queen. There is a small nightstand on both sides of the bed. For the person on the wall side it is a tight squeeze between the foot of the bed and the small table under the tv, but doable, even for 'chunky' person.

There was no crack where the two beds were pushed together. I think they put some type of topping on the beds.

When we booked each cruise we told them we wanted the queen bed.

Can anyone provide information on what kind of storage space is available in an Inside Cabin on NCL? I've seen pics of the Getaway and renderings of the Escape and I don't see any drawers at all. Are there any? Just wondering where we would put undies, swimsuits, shorts, - items that would not be hung up, etc. Any info helpful. Thanks much!:)

GoodToGo

There are some videos of the inside cabins on YouTube - you can see there are a few drawers. I haven't seen a good view of the closets, but I think there's a storage shelf at the top too. You can also see a cabinet with a lock. Not sure if that is the safe, or maybe there's some wiring in there or something. I need more info too, though so if anyone can elaborate on the storage, please do!

Can anyone provide information on what kind of storage space is available in an Inside Cabin on NCL? I've seen pics of the Getaway and renderings of the Escape and I don't see any drawers at all. Are there any? Just wondering where we would put undies, swimsuits, shorts, - items that would not be hung up, etc. Any info helpful. Thanks much!:)

GoodToGo

Just got back from the Dawn in an inside cabin..

I took a few pictures of the room but none of the storage space.

Here's what there is:

Closet - pretty deep for a small space. Had about 15 hangers for clothes. I sugggest if you plan on hanging alot of items, bring wire hangers from home. Otherwise, you should be fine. We had more than enough hangers, however, it was just myself and boyfriend.

Drawers - There are three drawers total next to the desk. The drawers are small (length wise) but went pretty deep. I ended up using the top drawer for underwear, bras, bathing suits - second drawer for pajamas and socks - and last drawer i used for my dirty clothes. I know that sounds weird but its easier than stockpiling them up at the bottom of the closet!

Shelves - 4 HUGE ones. I fit all of my pants and shirts on one shelf. They are in the closet on the left (or right, depending on room, mine was left) hand side. They go deep. I only used two! Pants and shirts that could be folded and then boyfriend used the other one for the same.

The desk had no storage and only ONE outlet. We anticipated this and brought a power strip. The hairdryer is on the desk as well. Also, bring a pen and either sticky notes or a pad of paper as they don't offer that. I was glad boyfriend had some paper in his backpack because we didn't have anything to write notes down on (if one left the room, or for the steward).

Bathroom was great. There was like three long shelves that had a bar in front of them. You could put tolietries there no problem. I packed a pharmacy (just in case ;)) and had no issues with space. Soap dispenser in my room leaked, so I do not suggest putting anything under it. We kept a small face cloth there so it wouldnt get the cabinet sticky.

This isnt the best picture but here is the bathroom, you can see there is storage underneath the sink too (just a bit)

image_zpsly9djydt.jpg

Shower had a small caddy but enough to hold travel sized bottles of shampoo/conditioner/gel, etc. Could always use the floor too if you are planning on bringing big ones. I used the knob that turns the shower on and off to hold my loofa which was great. Also, there is a clothes line in the shower that can be retracted for when you need to dry your bathing suits or towels, etc.

Hope this helps and happy cruising!!

I agree with everything Bingoslots states. Don't bother to take hangers from home though; the room steward will always get more for you from the laundry.

Two of us find we have plenty of room and we always travel Inside.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

Great description, BingoSlots! I feel like I was there in the room with you! :eek: I wasn't though, honest!

So, there's liquid hand soap? That's weird. Was there no bar soap? Not sure I want to wash my face with liquid hand soap (is the same kind of soap in the shower?) So maybe I need to bring a small bar of soap...?

Edited by CapCrunch

Great description, BingoSlots! I feel like I was there in the room with you! :eek: I wasn't though, honest!

So, there's liquid hand soap? That's weird. Was there no bar soap? Not sure I want to wash my face with liquid hand soap (is the same kind of soap in the shower?) So maybe I need to bring a small bar of soap...?

Yes, only liquid hand soap. Also, in the shower there is only shower gel in the dispenser.

No bars of soap so if you prefer that over liquid hand soap I would bring it along.

As for the same in the shower, I can't attest to that. I used the liquid hand soap by the sink (and it actually smelt really nice!) but I brought my own body wash so I did not use the one in the shower. I should have tried it though just to see if how it was! :rolleyes:

I had a supply of bars of soap from Disney World that held out for a pretty long time, but alas, that was two years ago! I'll have to get a small bar of soap, I'm not big on liquid soap or body wash.

I say "I'll have to get a small bar of soap," but in truth I'll probably just bring a depleted bar from home. Have to start planning that now so it's just the right size. :D