Royal Genie

John&LaLa

We generally get the bottles of wine we specify, with the exception of Oasis last month.

Laura has gotten very familiar with Freedoms LA. Apparently quite the line in September to get the gifts corrected. This week has been fine, last week the wine was correct, but not the location. Easy fix

I think it had to do with the upheaval in the online selections this summer

Edited by John&LaLa

Laura has gotten very familiar with Freedoms LA. Apparently quite the line in September to get the gifts corrected. This week has been fine, last week the wine was correct, but not the location. Easy fix

I think it had to do with the upheaval in the online selections this summer

I think you are correct. On Oasis, they kept using the word "Miami" to explain problems.

I think you are correct. On Oasis, they kept using the word "Miami" to explain problems.

You just hit on a big issue RCI is going to have with having a Genie.

Anticipatory customer service provided by a butler needs a certain level of autonomy and not just doing what one is instructed by the 'home office'

Apple computers dominance in technology comes from 'loaning' Ritz Carlton's service model of anticipatory service by adding the 'Genius Bar' which was a modified 'concierge' service to anticipate customer needs.

Ritz Carlton offers 'Technology Butlers' at many of their top hotels. I really appreciated this service at their Moscow property and RCI could most likely benefit from having their Genies take on some of those tasks.

You just hit on a big issue RCI is going to have with having a Genie.

Anticipatory customer service provided by a butler needs a certain level of autonomy and not just doing what one is instructed by the 'home office'

Apple computers dominance in technology comes from 'loaning' Ritz Carlton's service model of anticipatory service by adding the 'Genius Bar' which was a modified 'concierge' service to anticipate customer needs.

Ritz Carlton offers 'Technology Butlers' at many of their top hotels. I really appreciated this service at their Moscow property and RCI could most likely benefit from having their Genies take on some of those tasks.

We had a Butler on Celebrity (Sky Suite) in 2005. I think it was shortly after they merged with RCL. Anyway, he kept going on and on about all the things he used to be able to do that he could not do anymore due to rules from corporate office. One thing I do remember though, he was always arguing with our cabin steward. Very odd.

I do like the idea of helping with computer connection issues

Edited by John&LaLa

We had a Butler on Celebrity ... he kept going on and on about all the things he used to be able to do that he could not do anymore due to rules from corporate office.

There are several historical factors here. Greek and Italian companies are run very differently than Scandinavian or English companies.

Chandris was a private company similar to the MSC model and not being public companies allows them to operate differently. This is not always a good thing, but is a different model.

RCL must always focus on the stock price and profits sometimes at the expense of service. While all businesses exist to make money, private companies simply approach that differently than public companies.

Technology has also allowed the head offices to maintain more direct control and the shipboard management are sometimes not as autonomous as they maybe should be. This, in tern, limits the empowerment of crew and staff.

Empowerment is key for a butler service to be outstanding.