Funny topic I came across on another cruise board.

Golfin55

The question was, "Has your cabin steward ever walked in on you in an embarrassing situation"

Some of the responses where side splitting funny.

I'll start...

My girlfriend at the time, (now my wife) took our first cruise on the Carnival Tropical. Many, many years ago. My wife got some red wine on her sundress, went back to the cabin to try and get the stain out. When she went back to the room she never took off the clean my room sign off the door.

We had an issue with the shower not draining. We called for maintenance. While she was in the bathroom soaking the dress. She did not hear the knock on the door. And she closed the door to the bathroom, I guess by habit.

When all of a sudden the bathroom door opens. The cabin steward and a plumber are treated to her standing in that tiny bathroom. Topless, she screamed, they shut the door.

Hours later we get back to the room. To find, a chilled bottle of sparkling wine, cookies and flowers and a hand written apology note from the pursers office.

My wife said, if I knew my boobs would get all that, she wonders if she was completely nude, if she would have received a free cruise.

I had a close call with a butler once. My DH and I were staying in a spa suite on the Getaway. One of the best things about those rooms is the tub that looks out onto the water. Another awesome thing is that the doors must be super thick because you can't hear anything in the hallway. Well, one afternoon DH wants to take a nap, I decide to take a bath. He falls asleep and I'm soaking in the tub when I think I hear a knocking, hard to tell. I ignore it thinking it's something else, if anyone were at the door they'd use the doorbell. But, it happens again. I decide I ought to investigate so I step out of the tub. Obviously stark naked. I grab a towel and don't even have it around me when the door starts to open! I hastily cover myself just in time, I hope lol, for the butler to come in with our afternoon snacks! He looks mortified that we obviously weren't expecting him. No idea why he didn't use the doorbell. He apologized profusely, eh no big deal. The snacks were so good we quickly forgot about it.

I had an embarrassing situation and though it did not involve our room steward, it was witnessed by about 100 of our fellow passengers.

Years ago, before I had kids of my own and therefore not a lot of child experience, I took my 5 year old nephew on a cruise. We were on beach break and the day was perfect with calm waters and bright sunshine. We walked down to a less busy section of beach were he could play in the light surf. Then he tells me he needs to pee. I look back and it is a long walk to the restrooms. So we start walking. I can tell he really needs to go. He says he doesn't think he can hold it. I suggest that he pee in the water but he doesn't want to. I point to where the restroom is and tell him that it is the water or hold it until we make it there. He knows he can't make it. By now we are back to the crowded part of the beach. He heads for the water. At ankle deep, he drops his trunks and pees in the water. Some people gasped, some laughed. There he is, white kid butt glowing in the sun, urinating in public.

Back on board, some people giggled at us, some looked at me with horror and disgust. Needless to say, I learned a lot about the level of specificity one must use when directing children.

Edited by Jane Don

My wife said, if I knew my boobs would get all that, she wonders if she was completely nude, if she would have received a free cruise.

DH heard a knock on the door as he was standing naked directly in front of it. Before he had a chance to open his mouth, the steward opened the door and got a full frontal from mere inches away.

When I tell DH your story, he will be hurt that he was not considered worth flowers and cookies, let alone a free cruise. :D

On another occasion, I hid in the closet when the butler entered the suite. To torment me, DH extended what should have been a very brief conversation. As the butler passed the closet to leave the cabin, he paused in front of the closed door and said loudly, "Good-bye Mrs X."

On one of my cruises, one of my table mates came down to dinner with a story. That morning, she had just come out of the shower, buck naked, and as she looked out her balcony, there was a friendly (I say friendly, because she said he had a big smile on his face), window washer staring back at her.

The question was, "Has your cabin steward ever walked in on you in an embarrassing situation"

Some of the responses where side splitting funny.

I'll start...

My girlfriend at the time, (now my wife) took our first cruise on the Carnival Tropical. Many, many years ago. My wife got some red wine on her sundress, went back to the cabin to try and get the stain out. When she went back to the room she never took off the clean my room sign off the door.

We had an issue with the shower not draining. We called for maintenance. While she was in the bathroom soaking the dress. She did not hear the knock on the door. And she closed the door to the bathroom, I guess by habit.

When all of a sudden the bathroom door opens. The cabin steward and a plumber are treated to her standing in that tiny bathroom. Topless, she screamed, they shut the door.

Hours later we get back to the room. To find, a chilled bottle of sparkling wine, cookies and flowers and a hand written apology note from the pursers office.

LOL....this is awesome! Love it....and the stories. What a great topic!