pick up docs at pier

seeker

Has anyone had to pick up their docs at the pier at check-in? I have to do this next friday on my Voyager sailing at Cape Liberty. Can anyone tell me the procedure for this? Since I have no docs now, this also means I have no luggage tags, etc. I do have a fax copy of my transfers and confirmation, but its not the same (to me) without the actual docs. Anyone have any advise?

Thanks so much,

Seeker

When you get to the pier, the porters will have a manifest to verify your cabin number and they have blank tags for your bags. then you just go into the terminal(you will need to show a photo ID), then just wait in line. You can still do the online check-in which will help, and thats it. I have done this 3 times with RCI and never had a problem.

We did not have docs our last cruise. I know how you feel as there is something satisfying about when the packet comes in the mail. It is disappointing to not get it. However, since they now want you to go online and print your 'Set Sail' pass via your reservation number, your check in is taken care of when you present this at the pier desk. You want to do this before your leave as it allows them to scan you in, with your info already in their data base. Further, when you arrive at the airport, you can obtain all the luggage tags you need from the RCCL representatives. All you will need is your room number, which you can confirm when you print the Set Sail pass. If you have ground transfers as a part of your reservation, your name will be on the list, so even if you dont have these, you should be covered. The document packet is essentially a reprint of the info on tours, tux rental, and the 'Gifts and Gear' you can buy. It is more a 'one more time' attempt to insure you know what they have for sale besides the cruise you bought. If you signed up for tours, these tickets are in your room upon arrival, not in the doc pack.

Archived