A Review With Pictures Of A Royal Time On Adventure Of The Seas - October 10, 2015

bigque

Thank you Mike so very much. We sail on Dec 12th. It's been 15 years since we did the Caribbean (done lots since but not warm weather places). Looking so forward to celebrating my 60th birthday in San Juan the day before. Your review and photos were fantastic. You took so much time and it is so appreciated. I think you love Aruba like I love Antigua. The whole reason I went with the cruise. THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Glad you enjoyed! Antigua is a nice place. I did a Rain Forest Canopy (Zip Line) Excursion there back in 2010 that I enjoyed very much! Happy Sailing! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Does the cover charge for Johnny Rockets include food or is the food an additional charge?

The cover charge is for the food. Drinks and shakes are additional and charged by the item.

Edited by clarea

I spent a large chunk of my morning reading this whole thread but it was well worth it! We are going on our first cruise in June. Ours is the same ship but slightly different itinerary (Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Johns, St. Lucia, Barbados). You're review really let me understand the process! Thanks!!

What a great review! Our first RC cruise was Adventure of the Seas! We are going to Aruba next December - I LOVE the Trike excursion - I think it would be just the thing for us to do!

The Trike excursion is a lot of fun. You will enjoy it! :cool:

I spent a large chunk of my morning reading this whole thread but it was well worth it! We are going on our first cruise in June. Ours is the same ship but slightly different itinerary (Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Johns, St. Lucia, Barbados). You're review really let me understand the process! Thanks!!

Great itinerary. We have done that itinerary also except we went to St. Croix rather than St. Kitts and enjoyed it very much! :cool:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Great review! Sailing the same itinerary in July. Did you happen to keep (and scan) the Compasses? I have a special needs aunt and want to give her an idea of her options.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I do have them but never scanned them for posting. I do believe someone has posted them for this cruise since the time I posted my review. :cool:

[quote name='BillOh']Good to know on a couple of fronts. I can drive a manual shift fine, but have alway found a motorcyle clutch on the handlebars harder to deal with. But we have 450 more days, so I'll watch for more reviews.[/quote]

The trike's clutch is a left-foot pedal. Brake is the right foot. Stick is in the middle.

If you can drive a 5-speed, you can drive these trikes.

So.
Much.
Fun.

[quote name='WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot']The trike's clutch is a left-foot pedal. Brake is the right foot. Stick is in the middle.

If you can drive a 5-speed, you can drive these trikes.

So.
Much.
Fun.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Purple"]They also now have automatics with no shifting involved. They told us they were going to get some in when we were there and somebody that went after us confirmed that they do now have them! And you are right they are so much fun! Wherever we went people were taking pictures![/COLOR][/B] :cool:

[quote name='bigque'][B][COLOR="Purple"]They also now have automatics with no shifting involved. They told us they were going to get some in when we were there and somebody that went after us confirmed that they do now have them! And you are right they are so much fun! Wherever we went people were taking pictures![/COLOR][/B] :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'll also confirm this. We rode last week and they had both automatics and manual shift with more automatics on order. Regarding the manual shifting one I drove, it is *VERY EASY* to drive. You literally just ease your left foot off the clutch without even having to use the throttle and the trike slowly starts to move. Fun Fact: Depending on which engine they put in them (Mitsubishi, Ford, VW or other 4 cyl engines) they cost between $29k - $59k! :eek:

[quote name='KMagz']I'll also confirm this. We rode last week and they had both automatics and manual shift with more automatics on order. Regarding the manual shifting one I drove, it is *VERY EASY* to drive. You literally just ease your left foot off the clutch without even having to use the throttle and the trike slowly starts to move. [B][COLOR="Red"] Fun Fact: Depending on which engine they put in them (Mitsubishi, Ford, VW or other 4 cyl engines) they cost between $29k - $59k! [/COLOR][/B]:eek:[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Purple"]Yes I ordered a sales manual through the company's website because I am interested in them. They are actually made in Germany and imported to the U.S. The only place I found that sells them is in Miami. The ones used in Aruba are good but in the company's sales manual they have some that are real fancy in various colors and styles! I would love to have one! [/COLOR][/B]:cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Monarch of the Seas was my 2nd cruise, who owns it now? Just curious thanks ;)

[quote name='bigque'][IMG]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww102/Big3Que/Adventure%20Of%20The%20Seas%202015/DSCF1606_zpset8lwlwt.jpg[/IMG]

Day 5 –Aruba

This is a port that we really enjoyed. Before this stop on the cruise our favorite port was St. Lucia but now St. Lucia has now been pushed down to # 2. This place was like paradise to us. It is like a desert paradise with the most beautiful blue water that we have seen on any island we have visited. We both thought this was a place we live. We plan on going back in the very near future for a stay at an all-inclusive resort.

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name='jlszarejko']Monarch of the Seas was my 2nd cruise, who owns it now? Just curious thanks ;)

[quote name='bigque'][IMG]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww102/Big3Que/Adventure%20Of%20The%20Seas%202015/DSCF1606_zpset8lwlwt.jpg[/IMG]

Day 5 –Aruba

This is a port that we really enjoyed. Before this stop on the cruise our favorite port was St. Lucia but now St. Lucia has now been pushed down to # 2. This place was like paradise to us. It is like a desert paradise with the most beautiful blue water that we have seen on any island we have visited. We both thought this was a place we live. We plan on going back in the very near future for a stay at an all-inclusive resort.[/QUOTE]

Pullmantur which is owned by Royal Caribbean, Ltd. :cool:

• 4 months later...

does the Aruba trikes company also rent motorcycles? We will be there next November and our favorite excursion to date was the Harley tour of Cozumel. It looks like the cruise line no longer has motorcycle excursions.

does the Aruba trikes company also rent motorcycles? We will be there next November and our favorite excursion to date was the Harley tour of Cozumel. It looks like the cruise line no longer has motorcycle excursions.

They did not when we used them but do the trike tour. It was a blast and you can ride a motorcycle anywhere. Seriously it was a lot of fun and a great way to see the island. Get out of your box and try something new, you won't regret it.

They did not have motorcycles but the trikes were awesome fun!:cool:

• 1 month later...
Thank you for this review! It was so well-organized, easy to follow, and helpful. Appreciate you sharing the info and pics!

Glad you enjoyed it and found it helpful! :cool: