Puerto Vallarta Sunset Pirate Boat Cruise ???

Mom2Dan

We took it...back in Dec. 03. I would say it's fun for kids, they have a pirate battles and stuff like that. They took us to a private beach where you could snorkel or do the banana boat ride thing. For just adults though, I'm not sure I'd recommend it, although the boat itself was kind of cool. We had a little "incident" with the "pirates" after we came back ashore. Basically they said something about us [in Spanish] as they walked by...not realizing that we understood what they said. The pirate "captain" guy obviously saw the expression on our faces and quickly said, "oh, hahahaha, they are just joking hahahahah." Yeah, whatever. :mad:

Just took the sunset dinner cruise last winter in PV. You are on deck for most of the cruise and go below for the dinner part. You cruise around the bay all the while drinking and having the usual touristy singing and pirate show. The sunset was gorgeous. They also had a pretend battle in front of downtown with cannons and fireworks.

about 100 folks, few kids, & plenty of booze to go around. They picked us up at the hotel & brought us back, so no DUI here. We had fun with the pirate antics of fighting, lingo, etc. Then the snorkel fun as they had us walk the plank in the Bay of Banderas with no Antonio, but it was full of jellyfish, many folks got bad bites & then many were hit by manta rays, 5 times the size of the female sting rays of Grand Caymen and very nasty. The boat was 2000 feet away & we all start to swim towards it. A few screams got a dingy to get us.

Not too much fun with the nasty sea life around from an island of crabs that attack also if you came ashore..........

So a fun item wasn't. But their meal was good, plentiful & again more pirate antics as you ate.............we had ribs, chicken, some fish which I didn't want. Twice baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, cole slaw they called health slaw, cheesecake for desert & ice cream. The coffee grew hair on my chest....... that's what I call STRONG!

Archived