No more Grammy Experience

donsuej

Read in one of the cruise groups that the Grammy Experience on the Getaway has been replaced by Fat Cats.

Link? I don't understand how that is even possible - the theme of the space is Grammy. It's not like Getaway has had a dry dock to have the space redone.

Really? Aw man! Does that mean that they're going to take all of the Grammy memorabilia out? I was on the Getaway in April and that's the one place we didn't get to visit. We planned on going on our next cruise in May 2016.

Does it matter?

Been on Getaway x2, Breakaway x1, and with the exception of the name over the door, I could tell no difference.

Entertainment top notch in both.

I thought the type of entertainment varied slightly (rock vs jazz/blues) - is that not correct?

Also, was looking forward to seeing the Grammy memorabilia, so hopefully it is being kept there.

Other than that, I agree that the difference is negligible. Aside from that, I am frustrated by the claim with lack of sourcing. This seems like the type of thing that would be reported/announced somewhere. I would think NCLcould find a way to put a positive spin on it.

I notice nobody provide the link to anything on this post lol.

there is no link to give you.. its not going to be there after November 1st.. period.. bottom line..... due to CC rules, I'm not allowed to post why I know.. but you can trust that I do...

I thought the type of entertainment varied slightly (rock vs jazz/blues) - is that not correct?

Also, was looking forward to seeing the Grammy memorabilia, so hopefully it is being kept there.

Other than that, I agree that the difference is negligible. Aside from that, I am frustrated by the claim with lack of sourcing. This seems like the type of thing that would be reported/announced somewhere. I would think NCLcould find a way to put a positive spin on it.

The acts I saw, was Sugar Blue on the Getaway both times, and Les Getrex on the Breakaway.

IMO same genre, blues, R&B.

Both outstanding performers.

When we sailed the getaway in August there wasn't a Grammy artist. I suspect it may have been too difficult to schedule a "Grammy" artist each and every sailing. IMHO it's the best venue on the away ships for music. We enjoyed headliners, but there is just something special about being able to sit outside on the waterfront in the evenings and enjoy the music (Grammy artist or not). Now, we were slightly disappointed that on the getaway the siding doors to the waterfront remained locked most of the time and prefer the open venue more, but as long as they have live music I suspect that's where we will spend most evenings.

We're on the getaway now, it's definitely fat cats...although the signage in the elevator areas still show Grammy experience.

These are usually the last signages to get updated. So they have updated the name above the front door? Have they removed the Grammy memorabilia?