Coffee pot and hair dryer on Dawn

Angiem

I saw a picture of an Oceanview cabin that had a coffee pot sitting on the desk. Is that true? A coffee pot? Also are hairdryers furnished? We are on the Dawn. First time on NCL

Thanks

Angie

Edited by Angiem

I saw a picture of an Oceanview cabin that had a coffee pot sitting on the desk. Is that true? A coffee pot? Also are hairdryers furnished? We are on the Dawn. First time on NCL

Thanks

Angie

Yes to both coffee makers and hair dryers!!

Yes to both coffee makers and hair dryers!!

Being somewhat of a coffee snob, I wonder what kind of coffee makers they are. I would prefer to bring my own to brew if possible. Are the coffee makers the kind that use those pouch like things?

Being somewhat of a coffee snob, I wonder what kind of coffee makers they are. I would prefer to bring my own to brew if possible. Are the coffee makers the kind that use those pouch like things?

Yes to the pouch like things. You may want to bring your own coffee.

We are in a suite and get the fancy lavazza coffee makers. They are ok, but really really strong.

We had an oceanview on the Dawn this past summer, and there was no coffee maker in the room. I'm not sure if any NCL ships have coffee makers for oceanview and below. Where did you see this photo? You can ask your steward if he/she could find you a coffee maker somewhere, you never know.

As for the hairdryer, I'm sure there was one, but I am lucky enough to have lost about 80% of all need for this item… :D

Yes to the pouch like things. You may want to bring your own coffee.

We are in a suite and get the fancy lavazza coffee makers. They are ok, but really really strong.

Since we are not in a suite we are either going to have to learn to drink what is provided, or pay for the specialty coffee. I am not sure I can find any of the filter packs in a coffee that I like... Oh well I will just drown my sorrows in mimosas or Irish coffee.

11 days till cruising bliss!!

Since we are not in a suite we are either going to have to learn to drink what is provided, or pay for the specialty coffee. I am not sure I can find any of the filter packs in a coffee that I like... Oh well I will just drown my sorrows in mimosas or Irish coffee.

11 days till cruising bliss!!

You can stop by our suite!! :D

Find me at the meet and greet!!

We had an oceanview on the Dawn this past summer, and there was no coffee maker in the room. I'm not sure if any NCL ships have coffee makers for oceanview and below. Where did you see this photo? You can ask your steward if he/she could find you a coffee maker somewhere, you never know.

As for the hairdryer, I'm sure there was one, but I am lucky enough to have lost about 80% of all need for this item… :D

We were in a mini suite last October and they had coffee makers. I asked for one last year when we were in a suite.

The last time we saw and had (4 cup ones) coffee maker with oceanview staterooms on NCL was back in 2008/09 sailing the Star on the West Coast with the standard setup. Haven't seen them since - upon embarkation on the Dawn, speak to & ask your Room Steward to get one for you, if available - when s/he get a chance (as they are buy on turnaround day)

Newer & dry docked ones have single serving coffee/hot water maker in the balcony cabins, but not OV or Inside - same, ask for one (subject to availability). The flat pod style coffee bag were CLR Roaster - they are pretty "weak" for my preference, you'll find similar ones online if you rather bring your own. Traveling around the globe, we always have some 3-in-1 instant coffee pre-mix in my carry-on, add hot water, stir & enjoy, even the Viva ones (Starbucks & DD's) are less than 50 cents a serving.