Breeze Spa cabin... what to expect? What did you like?

MaiTaiMary

What makes them "incredible"?

I just don't get it. It's a hot tub you have to pay for and a stone lounge chair (?)

The thasso pool is a mineral infused hot tub. Much larger, stronger and warmer than any hot tub on the ship. Then are real nice, and your skin feels better. We love them. The loungers are in quiet rooms, with tiled warm loungers. Very relaxing, there are also 3 steam rooms, one kind of mild, one stronger and one real strong. We love the spa on these ships. Worth it to us.

I'm going to try a Spa cabin on the Breeze for the first time next month. Excited to really enjoy the Spa and everything in it.

Does anyone have a working link to Cloud9 Spa treatments? Do we get discounts for being in a cabin? Anything I should try or isn't worth it? Like should a I get a hot stone massage when apparently there are heated stone chairs (or some such)? :D

We got the spa pass on the Dream, which also has the Cloud 9 spa. And my husband and I thought it was totally worth the money. We particularly liked the saunas. It was incredibly relaxing. We usually went at night before bed. Totally blissed out in those rooms. Go on the tour on the first day of the cruise and you'll get to see them and decide if that's something you want to spend extra on. On our next cruise, we are definitely getting a Spa cabin.

Sarahbeth476 what was usual attire while in the Spa? Swimsuit - wrap or no wrap? Swimdress? Just trying to prepare.

The locker rooms are nice and big, I would just bring my swimsuit up there and change, grab a towel and walk out to the saunas. I would often tuck an extra towel under my head for a pillow.

The hot stone massage is fabulous. I would wait to book a massage when they run discounts-usually on port days and sometimes towards the end of the cruise. Also, go to the tour on the first day, sometimes they'll offer special deals that day that you can book for later.

Attire inside the spa is swimsuits. I usually wore a cover up over my suit to walk to the spa then changed in the locker room. A lot of people brought iPods with earbuds so they could listen to music while relaxing on the heated loungers in the saunas (not the steam rooms of course). The spa also has a great lounge area with fruit infused water (and a fantastic view) we would enjoy before heading back to our cabin.

Definitely take the tour on embarkation day to get the most out of it.

Thank you all for the helpful tips!

Few more questions - from some of the pics it looks like there's 8-10 hot stone loungers, did you ever have to wait? Should I bring a lock and can I read my Kindle for an hour or two anywhere in the spa without being disturbed or feel like I'm hogging space that someone else wants? How crowded was it?

Edited by cruisevv

You don't need to bring a lock, you set the lockers with a built-in keypad. I never had to wait for a lounger and the spa was never crowded when I was there. They only sell a certain number of spa passes to prevent crowding.

Sarahbeth476 what was usual attire while in the Spa? Swimsuit - wrap or no wrap? Swimdress? Just trying to prepare.

We wore our swimsuits and covered up with the plush robes that are in your cabin. We took an upsell to a spa balcony last year on the Breeze and really enjoyed the free access to the spa that comes with the room. We went there every day. Loved it!

We wore our swimsuits and covered up with the plush robes that are in your cabin. We took an upsell to a spa balcony last year on the Breeze and really enjoyed the free access to the spa that comes with the room. We went there every day. Loved it!

We had a Spa Balcony on the Dream. It was well worth it. I agree the heated loungers at the end of the day, we would just go lay down and relax. It helped the muscles from snorkeling and playing all day. The showers were so nice. And the thalassotherapy pool is just so relaxing.

Perks for our Cabin was robes and slippers in cabin. We got better soaps and shampoos, the colors were soft in the cabin. Our other perk was we got discounts on the Spa Services, don't quote me exact amounts, but I think it went 40,30 & 20% off. So if we booked three services we got 40 off first, 30 off second and 20 off third. We did the couples massage, it was OK. We did some clay thing that shrinks inches. (didn't work lol) and I got a Manicure on the last day, because we were doing a B2b and i wanted fresh nails lol.

Overall I would book again if the price is right. We loved the amenities but the room itself is the same size as a standard balcony just different bedding and spa access.

Have fun!

Kathy

So how does it work when you have a spa cabin? Is there a sticker on your Sail & Sign card like with "Cheers"? Or do you have a separate card or use, or .... ?

Sticker on your card. There's also an extensive Cloud9 Spa FAQ page on the Carnival site that lists all the info that I found to be helpful.

We had a spa room on our first cruise on the Splendor (also has Cloud 9.) We loved the pool and heated loungers! Booked a spa room on the Breeze for our girls' cruise in May.

The most people we had in the pool with us was 4 but often had it to ourselves (it's huge!) And rarely had more than a couple of other people in the stone lounger room (can't remember what it's called), although there was once all of them filled up while we were in there, and others came in to find they had to wait. (Most of them "waited" in the pool or the steam rooms....oh darn! Lol)

ETA: We didn't have a sticker on our cards at first. When we checked in the first time at the spa, they verified our cabin then put a white sticker on it. We also got a white rubber bracelet that said "Cloud 9 Spa". Edited by cpshaye

We stayed in a spa balcony room in 2013 on Breeze and best thing was the unlimited use on the special hot tub for spa guests only. We liked the room better than std balcony that we did on the Liberty. We liked it so much were do spa balcony on Breeze on 1-16-2016. Always check safe and behind it for thinfs that get left,last trip sister-in-law found $300,I got some souveniers.

• 1 month later...