Carry On Luggage In Bayonne

BKITTY

Can Anyone Tell Me If You Are Allowed To Carry On Your Own Suitcases? I Understand You Check In Then They Shuttle You To The Ship. Maybe There Isn't Enough Room On This Shuttle For Everyone To Have Their Suitcases With Them. I'd Like To Carry Mine On As I Don't Like Waiting For It To Be Delivered. Any Thoughts?

Thanks A Bunch!!

Bkitty

When we cruised last year, they do shuttle you to the ship, I don't think that there would be any room to carry on your luggage. On the ship we were on we had to walk up a few flight of steps to get on the ship. I don't know if that's the case for all the ships this was the Empress.

You can carry on your luggage. We did it on our sailing 2 weeks ago. We both had one rolling suitcase and I had one bag that sits on top of my suitcase. WE skipped huge lines of traffic getting on the ship because we were not dropping off our luggage. Stay in the most Right hand lane if you are carrying your own luggage on.

If you have many bags or are not strong enough to quickly pick up your bag and put it on the shuttle bus yourself, then you may inconvenience others and maybe you should not do it. If you only have one or two bags, then carry it on!

About carrying it off: I was told by Guest Relations on the ship (I went and asked)you are not supposed to carry your luggage off the ship but we saw a few people doing it. We didn't carry ours off and it was right in the terminal for us when we got off.

If you are taking you luggage on, you may want to get to the ship near 1pm. I have been told by someone who sailed recently, that they rope off the cabins until 1pm. Just keep that in mind if you are planning to get there earlier than 1pm.

We are sailing Oct 16th, all we care about is getting on and seeking out whatever bar is showing the Giants game :p At the commercial (game starts at 1) we will drop off our carry ons.

Yes they have 2 large XRAY machines (like the airport has) that all carryons must go through. Our carry on upright suitcases fit just fine.

They told us our cabin might not be ready until 1PM, but we were on board by 12:30 and our cabin was ready.

And a warning you NFL fans: Our compass said there would be NFL action on the TV starting at 1:00 PM Sunday afternoon (day we boarded the ship) available in the Scoreboard & the 19th Hole, well NO NFL games were on the entire day. My hubby sat in the cabin watching the CNN updates for the scores and ESPN.

Thanks for all of the replies. Good point....they BETTER be screening all of the luggage that goes on board!!!! I'm a little nervous about sailing out of NY for that reason. We each have a suitcase and they are fairly large but easy to lift and manuever. We probably won't be arriving to the pier until 3. Taking the RCCL shuttle from Hartford, CT. I guess I'll just figure it out when I get there! Can I leave my TSA locks on?

thanks!

Thanks for all of the replies. Good point....they BETTER be screening all of the luggage that goes on board!!!! I'm a little nervous about sailing out of NY for that reason. We each have a suitcase and they are fairly large but easy to lift and manuever. We probably won't be arriving to the pier until 3. Taking the RCCL shuttle from Hartford, CT. I guess I'll just figure it out when I get there! Can I leave my TSA locks on?

thanks!

BKITTY: They don't unlock your suitcases without you present - they just put them through an x-ray machine. Lock 'em up!

Carol

Ok, my hubby is having a bird--if anyone knows which bar has been showing the games, please let me know. It is not a HUGE deal, but we are big football fans. I may be swayed not to care by good beer....does anyone know if RCCL is serving michelob ultra??

Archived