Was there a cruise on July 20, 2005 to Baltic?

sumguy1

...summer schedules have mostly disappeared from online cruise travel agency listings.

Our Baltics cruise on the ms Rotterdam departed Rotterdam on July 14. The Westerdam, Star Princess, Jewel, Constellation...those are among the ships I recall doing the Baltics this summer, and one of them could have had a July 20 sail date.

If you need to know which ships were in a specific port on a specific date, you can Google "port Copenhagen," for example, and poke around the port's website until you find the call list. Of course, the summer call list could be gone from the port sites, too.

Perhaps you could give us some additional information to work from to help you find the information you are seeking?

Was there a cruise on July 20, 2005 to Baltic, or around that date? Thanks

Yes, there will have been, as it's peak Baltic cruising season and I would have thought that there would have been cruises departing just about every day from some port or other.

As Artemis says, you'll have to give some more information about what you're after before any serious work can be done on trying to answer the question you really want to ask.

Oh, I thought this room is for the RCI Baltic ports.. silly me...

The reason I asked that question is that I called RCI saying "I am interested in the Baltic cruise 12 nights scheduled July 06", and the rep said "You are lucky. I am your man and just got off this cruise". I asked him "Which one you went on; July 1, or 2 or which one?". He went silent for a second and said "July 20". I wasnt testing him or anything, but I was going to ask him about the weather really if it differs during July, but the way he answered the question and the brief comment on the cruise later "it was wonderful..." made me feel suspicious if he was telling the truth, and I didnt ask more about his personal experience nor he said anything either.

It is no big deal, but why would a multi-million dollar successful company allow their reps sell this cheap way? I havent investigated yet, but will research as mentioned above. The only time I heard the same was when I called the toll free number for the total gym. The rep told it is wonderful, beautiful and that he has one at his house and he uses it every day, and when I didnt comment, he continued saying that even his wife has another one at his house (the same house).. can you guys imagine TWO total gyms in one house, and he expected me to buy that.. He wasnt kidding ofcourse, he was talking and talking... anyway, I guess now you know why I asked that question.

Well, this board offers about as many resources as you could need for a question like that! First, CC member bs_kc has this website which shows which ships are in which ports on which days. Although the July data has now been purged from the system, it looks like RCI had four ships in Europe this summer: Brilliance, Jewel, Legend and Splendour.

From the roll call threads (which are now arranged by ships), on 20 July 2005:-

• Brilliance was on a 12 night Med which started on
11 July 2005.Jewel was on a 12 night Baltics which started on 14 July 2005.Legend was on a Med which started on 16 July 2005 and looks like it was probably 14 nights.Splendour was on a 7 night Med which started on 16 July 2005.

So he made that up as I expected as we were talking about Jewel. It is a shame on RCI to consider this is a smart thing from their reps to promote cruises. Another shame on RCI to post their new brochures on their UK website which show the tape (not even a glue) used to stick the photos on a previously printed one then the whole thing was scanned into a poor pdf file. It is big company with huge lines of cruises, but they definitely lack style by all means.

Thanks everyone for responding; this wesbite is a treasure.

That's interesting. I hadn't seen the PDF brochures before. I wonder if it's trendy design feature rather than production mistake?

Of course, the 2005 brochure that's on that site would have given you all the 2005 European cruise dates, too.

Another shame on RCI to post their new brochures on their UK website which show the tape (not even a glue) used to stick the photos on a previously printed one then the whole thing was scanned into a poor pdf file.
A contact who has the paper brochure confirms that this is just a trendy design feature. It obviously doesn't "work" nearly as well when seen on a computer screen.

It is my understanding Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have shared call centers. It is possible that the agent was referencing the Celebrity Century July 20 cruise. I'm not defending whatever happened, just simply trying to add additional context.

A travel agent who specializes in cruising is generally a far better source of cruise information than call center workers. Or, as you have discovered, a lot of helpful, current info and tips can be found here!

Archived