Excursion recommendation for a family of 8

tommyboyCAN

We are stopping at St Thomas with NCL in late January and was looking for excursion recommendations for a family of 8. There are 3 kids (4,3,2) so anything too extreme is out. But would like to see a bit of the island and maybe relax at a beach.

With our group of 8 should we arrange something private and should we do it ahead of time?

We are stopping at St Thomas with NCL in late January and was looking for excursion recommendations for a family of 8. There are 3 kids (4,3,2) so anything too extreme is out. But would like to see a bit of the island and maybe relax at a beach.

With our group of 8 should we arrange something private and should we do it ahead of time?

I would arrange something in advance.

My suggestion for a family group is Coki Beach, with Coral World right next door.

That way if the little ones or the parents need a break from the beach, they can head inside or look at the turtle pool etc.

http://coralworldvi.com/

Most boat charters don't go to beaches on St Thomas, but to off-shore cays. Coral World has more than the turtle pool. There is a touch pool, a place where they can feed the sting rays and pet a baby shark. There are also birds, tortoises, ducks and all sorts of wildlife. I love the Reef Encounter, which is like being inside a huge aquarium.

The Blackbeard's Castle tour might be a good excursion. It's not too far from the ship, they have small pools you can swim in, neat pirate statues, and gorgeous views.

Paradise Point is another great place if you get there in time for one of the bird shows. I think the bird show schedule is posted online somewhere.

A taxi tour could take you to both with a beach stop after. The only taxi driver that I know of that has a car seat is http://WWW.supertaxiservices.com. Ask for Neal.