Best time to book Vista for summer 2016

mahdisbeih

Hello there all,

If I am booking the Vista for July 2016 cruise, what is the best time to book to get the best deal?

Do you think there will be a big sale on thanksgiving or Christmas? I see the prices now are good but maybe it can be better later, don't know.

Any recommendations?

Also if I book now an inside cabin since it is not expensive, what if before paying the last payment - which i believe 90 days before trip date - I see a balcony cabin that is a good price, can I call them and switch to the new cabin easily or not, this is very important for me if i will be booking now.

One last question, if I book using online travel site and they give me lets say a bonus onboard credit...etc. And then as I said I found a better deal for a different cabin, can I change the reservation directly with Carnival? or I am stuck with the same online site?

Thanks

Hello there all,

If I am booking the Vista for July 2016 cruise, what is the best time to book to get the best deal?

It really doesn't matter as long as you watch the prices. You can always call in and get a price drop if you see one.

Do you think there will be a big sale on thanksgiving or Christmas? I see the prices now are good but maybe it can be better later, don't know.

I booked when the itineraries first came out and when there is a sale, I just call and get the better price.

Any recommendations?

Also if I book now an inside cabin since it is not expensive, what if before paying the last payment - which i believe 90 days before trip date - I see a balcony cabin that is a good price, can I call them and switch to the new cabin easily or not, this is very important for me if i will be booking now.

Yes you can upgrade at a later date if the price is right

One last question, if I book using online travel site and they give me lets say a bonus onboard credit...etc. And then as I said I found a better deal for a different cabin, can I change the reservation directly with Carnival? or I am stuck with the same online site?

You are stuck with the online site. I have found it best just to use a PVP from Carnival, but that's just my opinion. I almost lost a price drop because I was using a TA one time and she wasn't on top of things.

Thanks

July is one of the pricier times to sail as well. I try to book the dates that are "on the cusp" and chose the May 24 sailing which saved me some money.

As the OP is outside of the US, then make sure you book with Carnival.com in the US. I do not the rules where you are here I. The U.K. If I booked with a UK TA or Carnival.cuk I would not be entitled to any price drops.

My advise is if you are deffinately going to go, book online at Carnival.com at the Early Saver rate, then watch those prices like a hawk to get your price drop. As soon as you see one, take a screen print and then phone Carnival in the US to get it.

You will only get a drop though if the same category of cabin for the same number of people is available,

So for example there is only 1 4j for three people, if you book that one and only cabin and the 4j's for two drop in price, you will not get that price drop.

There are not that many cabins on this ship for three or more. Whereas if you are only booking a cabin for two, then there should be lots of drops along the way.

You can upgrade at any time for a small fee, just watch the prices.