Hotels at Manhattan port

kafraser78

Hi again everybody,

we will be driving from Toronto in May so can somebody tell me what hotel my family and I should book that has the park, stay and cruise package for Manhattan port. Thank you.

Hi,

No park, stay, cruise package in Manhattan.

Try a search on this board :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Have fun !

We booked the Embassy Suites in Seacaucus, NJ. Park there for free for 10 days, plus they bring you to Manhattan port. One way only, but we negotiated a rate for them to take us back after the cruise. Way cheaper than parking at the pier, plus more relaxing as we'll spend afternoon there, hang out and leave early on sailing day...

Stay in Westchester. That's assuming you take a New York only driving route and are parking at the port

If you do a New York Pennsylvania New Jersey route then stay in jersey but it's costly and complicated IMHO to get into NYC from jersey....too much traffic for my taste.

I would go the New York only route if it were me. Stay overnight in white plains or tarry town and then just drive down the Henry Hudson drive to the west side highway in the morning and park at the pier.

Edited by luvtheships

We've gone out of NYC several times. Love sailing out past Ellis Island and the Statute Of Liberty. The way we do it isn't cheap, but it's very convenient, safe and easy. We stay at the Marriott Marquis Times Square. Thus everyone who wants to roam can roam all hours of the night and those who don't can sit in the room and watch the sights of Times Square. We then park at the pier. It's super close to the ship and easy to get in and out. If you want to save some money you can stay at a hotel just off Times Square, there is parking very near the hotel that you can prepay and save and there is parking that is about 0.6 miles from the pier that you can prepay that will drop you off at the pier.