Dream - Baltic Cruise

Westaussie

We are going to be on the June 4 Baltic cruise. My DH and I both teach so we always plan something fun the week school is out. Glad to know yall will be there. Has any one started a role call. We are going on the POA in Hawaii for Christmas. PH

Hi PH

Booked our flights to London today as the 'earlybird' prices have just been released - saving $500 per person. Now we have to finalise the cruise part. Definitely 4th June but waiting on prices. We were spoiled with a balcony cabin on the Wind in June and on other asian cruises but then had a C grade on the Wind in Alaska which was okay in the cold - what do you opt for?

I see you are teachers - I come from a family of teachers I'm the only one whose not! My eldest son is following tradition though - he's a lecturer in Media studies in Wellington NZ.

There doesn't seem to be a roll call for 4 June - had a lovely group on the Wind and there is still the odd posting on it so many months after meeting!

Loved Hawaii - if you haven't already been to the Polynesian Cultural Center have a look at that - we really enjoyed the day/evening there.

I am going to start a roll call today. Where did you find the air specials? I am trying to get enough point to get one free. We are planing to spend some time in England when we return. Great to hear from you. PH

I receive email/newsletters from various travel organisations who alert subscribers to the dates special airfares are on sale. We are going with Singapore Airlines. I do have frequent flyer points with them and Qantas but not enough for a trip to UK. We arrive in London 31 May and intend to get straight from Heathrow to Dover and spend a few days there. Have been to England several times but not seen alot of the south east.

Still deciding on cabin! Feel we should save our money this time for tours particularly St Petersburg. Watched a program on Tallinn last night looks lovely and the folklore dancing is something I hope we can get to see.

• 3 years later...

Hi Westausie.

Not sure how old this email is?

Have you been to the Baltic and St. Petersburg yet?

We have been twice now and they usually stop over night making it

two days.

Found going on conducted tours best, traffic in this city is totally

crazy, they even drive on footpaths with police watching.

Getting to Dover from London.

We had our own car at the time, but I know a good b and b in Dover where we always stay, and the husband of the lady that runs it, has a car hire where he picks passengers up and drives directly to the b and b. They are very clean with good beds but are non smoking that we like.

If you need to know more let me know.

We are in Perth!!

;)

Very close to booking this cruise on June 4. Would appreciate any advice on shore excursions especially St Petersburg and the best/easiest way to get from London to Dover.

Calmac read your comments on the Dream and that you are contemplating this cruise too! Have had two cruises on the Wind - Alaska and Hawaii loved the ship and all ports of call.

No we haven’t been to Baltic yet. We did a four week river cruise from the Black Sea to

Holland. Last summer we went on a Gate one tour to Turkey. This Christmas we are going on a 10 day Southern Caribbean on Princess. I am not sure about this summer. We had booked a Baltic cruise on Carnival Liberty but they decided to move the ship and canceled the cruise. With air so high we don't know about Europe this summer. I have fond memories of our Panama Canal Cruise. We now dance thank to you. It may not look great but we are having fun. Pamela and Harris

Hi Cruiseroz, that query goes back to 2005 so that Baltic cruise is now a lovely memory. Enjoyed Tallinn alot but of course St P was great. Had a full two day tour with Red October. Have been on a few cruises since then and next two are Panama Canal in Feb and Med in June.

Which side of Perth are you? We've recently moved from B'dean and are not far from the Galleria.

Vera

Archived