Luggage at EWR or Cape Liberty

LisaAtlCruiser

I am on Anthem of the Seas in March and would like to do my own tour of the WTC memorial before leaving on my flight later in the day. Does anyone know of an option for day storage of luggage? Or any chance Anthem offers the luggage checkin to the airlines?

Luggage Storage options are limited. Anthem does not offer luggage checkin to the airlines. Day storage would be at Schwartz Travel on West 37th St near 8th Ave within walking distance to the E subway train to the World Trade Center. Schwartz Travel is also close to the airport bus to Newark Airport. However you do have to get to midtown Manhattan to do this. Is accessible public transit an option for you?

What time is your flight? You need ample time to do this trip.

Luggage Storage options are limited. Anthem does not offer luggage checkin to the airlines. Day storage would be at Schwartz Travel on West 37th St near 8th Ave within walking distance to the E subway train to the World Trade Center. Schwartz Travel is also close to the airport bus to Newark Airport. However you do have to get to midtown Manhattan to do this. Is accessible public transit an option for you?

What time is your flight? You need ample time to do this trip.

I have yet to book my flight as I am looking at options before doing so. RCCL offers a tour that includes the memorial and ends at EWR - so that may be my best option.

I have yet to book my flight as I am looking at options before doing so. RCCL offers a tour that includes the memorial and ends at EWR - so that may be my best option.

That is certainly an option. However, the post cruise NYC tour goes many places and I'm not sure if you would actually stop at the memorial. If you do stop, it would likely be a very brief stop for a few pictures.

How late is your flight?

That is certainly an option. However, the post cruise NYC tour goes many places and I'm not sure if you would actually stop at the memorial. If you do stop, it would likely be a very brief stop for a few pictures.

How late is your flight?

I have not booked my flight home yet so cannot say how late it will be. Depending on what I decide tour wish I may fly out as last as 9pm. But if I do the ship excursion I will book at 3:30pm flight.

All I really want to do is see the Memorial. I could get off the ship early with my own luggage and it is wheeled so awkward but easy to pull. I could cab it to the memorial myself and then cab it back to the airport. Any idea of cost to do that?

I have not booked my flight home yet so cannot say how late it will be. Depending on what I decide tour wish I may fly out as last as 9pm. But if I do the ship excursion I will book at 3:30pm flight.

All I really want to do is see the Memorial. I could get off the ship early with my own luggage and it is wheeled so awkward but easy to pull. I could cab it to the memorial myself and then cab it back to the airport. Any idea of cost to do that?

It will be impossible to enter the 911 Memorial with your luggage unless it meets the security requirements.

Security screening is mandatory for all visitors that wish to enter the Memorial Museum, and will include screening of all bags, equipment, and belongings. Permissible baggage, handbags, backpacks, shopping bags, equipment, and belongings for visitors is limited to 8” x 17” x 19” per item.

What are your pre cruise plans? Are you flying in a day ahead?

It will be impossible to enter the 911 Memorial with your luggage unless it meets the security requirements.

Security screening is mandatory for all visitors that wish to enter the Memorial Museum, and will include screening of all bags, equipment, and belongings. Permissible baggage, handbags, backpacks, shopping bags, equipment, and belongings for visitors is limited to 8” x 17” x 19” per item.

What are your pre cruise plans? Are you flying in a day ahead?

I think I have figured out what I am going to do! I do fly in the day before the cruise - but late at night so no time to tour.

I just discovered this Schwartz luggage storage so I think I will go that route. I can cab it over to their new location by the Memorial. Tour around myself, pick up my luggage and cab back to the airport. Problem solved :D

I think I have figured out what I am going to do! I do fly in the day before the cruise - but late at night so no time to tour.

I just discovered this Schwartz luggage storage so I think I will go that route. I can cab it over to their new location by the Memorial. Tour around myself, pick up my luggage and cab back to the airport. Problem solved :D

That's good news about the new Schwartz Travel location! Thank you.

However, you need to understand how the cabs work between NJ and New York. You will be OK going from from Cape Liberty to The 911 Memorial because you will be quoted a fixed price (ask about the tolls) by the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty. Coming back if you hail a NYC taxi you will pay the meter rate plus some $18+ in surcharges plus a tunnel toll plus tip, I believe. The consensus seems to be that you should book a car service which will quote you a fixed price plus tolls.

Hopefully the New Yorkers can provide more precise advice for you. We often recommend Dial7 and Carmellimo - you can get quotes and look for coupons online.

According to some literally fine print on Schwartz Travel's website:

"108 Greenwich st. location is now closed and will re-open soon."

So, it doesn't look like they currently have a location operating near the 9/11 memorial.

Edited by njhorseman