Sun Country Airline

misterchatter

Anyone had any experience with this airline lately? Am thinking of booking with them.m I know they have had some trouble a few years back. But then if I wait to book an airline that hasn't had trouble I might as well start driving now.

Thanks for any replies

Mike

We have been on Sun County several times as they did charters out of Detroit to Las Vegas. (but its been a few years).

I must admit...unless we have no other choices available...I would not fly them. It is the MOST uncomfortable airline I have ever been on. (Can you say "Sardines R Us?") We had the very first row (which is usually pretty roomy) and I actually had to get up and sit on the floor by the exit door while DH and the man next to me ate their meal!

For a short flight at a great price...I guess they would be OK...but it better be a REALY great price!!

Deb

Right now it is a good price. We will be driving up to Minneapolis to fly out of. The price, taxes and all the other charges figured out to $279.50pp. non stop each way to Orlando. We usuall fly Northwest or American, prices to high right. On our cruise in January we are using AA, price $299pp to Ontario California, 2 stops.

Thanks for your comments, guess I better go on a diet

Mike

I agree, if ANYTHING is even close then I avoid them like the plague. Mechanical nightmares on 6 of the 8 flights I have taken with them have just taken their toll on me. I was once stranded at the Vegas airport for 10 hours, with every service closed because of Sun Country.

4 of the times I flew with them I was very plus sized but did not notice any difference in the seating than on your average Continental seat. I did not need an extender etc. However my weight loss did not result in any more room either. On most airlines I have room on both sides of my legs/hips and the armrest, not on Sun Country.

Have lived in MN all my life and flown Sun Country several times. They weren't on time with any of the flights I've been on. I agree that the interior seems much "tighter"than when I fly Northwest or another airline. I flew with them because the fares were good and I would fly with Sun Country again. Plan accordingly. Good luck.

The problem with Sun Country is so few airplanes - a mechanical problem will have you with the possiblity of no plane. Whereas NWA has a whole bunch of replacements. Besides the airfare is usually matched, Right now a flight in December for MSP-MCO on NWA is #287 inc taxes.

Archived