Insurance help!

ravluis

We always used insuremytrip or travelguard until we reached 70. Now Carnivals ins. is cheaper.

We're 73 & 75 and Carnival's would be much cheaper. However, there coverage is not very good if you have to be medivaced back to the states.

We always purchase through insuremytrip.com. Make sure its primary insurance (they will cover first before any other insurance), have medical evacuation $250 -$500 at least, will front any hospital you may have to go to for emergency the admittance fee (many foreign hospital require payment up front, can you imagine that amount coming out of pocket cuz of red tape in a foreign country :eek: ).

That's why we pay more because since we have Medicare which does not cover us out of the country. We have Medigap Ins. but after a $250 deductible it would pay 80/20. However, that 20% could be really steep if we had something major happen to either one of us.

Note that poster is from Ireland, so things may be different there than here.

I called Anthem Blue Cross and they no idea what I was talking about any kind of "trip insurance". I specifically asked about travel and she said you will be out of network.

:eek:

E.J. Obviously I need to pay better attention. Wish I had of, as called and made a fool out of myself.

coevan I have BC/BS of Texas, they had a good laugh when I called and asked about travel. Medical complications to address, when have returned home, no problem. Travel complications, such as cancelling trip, etc.. Big Ha! Ha!

I will try my credit cards next. I will pull up the fine print online, in order not to ask a possible stupid question.:)

Our age is the reason I won't bother checking the other providers. Just from the posts above, I can see, age plays in to a higher cost. Thanks for responding both of you.:)

One step further, I called Blue Cross again, got a supervisor. Blue Cross is available in the 50 states only, however, the cruise ship is covered because we paid U.S dollars. This makes no sense to me AT ALL. What, like the ship is sovereign America? Once I step off the ship in a foreign country, I am no longer covered.