Specialty dining reservations

seminole95

They won't be totally booked up, but I'd recommend booking for the first night, and doing the rest either on embarkation or early the next day. They really don't last much longer than that.

Not at decent hours anyway. You can probably get the 5.30 slots easily.

Generally speaking Le Bistro and Cagneys go fastest, with Tepanyaki a bit behind. La Cucina is probably the easiest to get into at any time.

Edit: I'd say online is easiest beforehand, but if you're on board they have desks set up all over the ship where you can book so that's probably the easiest as you can negotiate with them.

Edited by Huntingdon1701

Does anyone know about what percentage are booked in advance?
I was recently told 25% of seats are made available for advance reservation (this was for the Epic). I don't know if they make sure that those 25% are spread out over all the reservation times (I doubt it), or if all 25% can potentially be reserved at the peak times (I suspect this is the case). Anyway, by the time you get on board there should still be availability, but the best times will already have started filling up. So don't wait too long with your reservations.
In a studio, do you happen to know if the studio coordinator can help with these reservations?
They will probably organize some group meals during the cruise (in the MDR). They may be willing to help with your specialty reservations, but I don't believe that is part of their job, and you really don't need them for that. There are so many ways to reserve: on your interactive TV, using iConcierge, on the huge touch screens all around the ship, by calling the restaurant reservations number, or by stopping by any specialty restaurant during dinner service (they can do reservations for all the other restaurants, too), or go to the restaurant desk at the entrance of Le Bistro during the day.