Transportation from Santiago Chile to Valparaiso with Tour/Wine Tasting?

fyzbo

We will be spending the night in Santiago, but need to get to the port for our cruise. I was surprised to see that Celebrity doesn't have any offerings for excursions. It would be great if we could stop along the way and do some wine tasting or other activity instead of just a straight transfer.

There will be four of us traveling. We are open to having a private driver for the day or a group van/bus.

Does anyone have experience that they could share or companies we should be contacting? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We will be spending the night in Santiago, but need to get to the port for our cruise. I was surprised to see that Celebrity doesn't have any offerings for excursions. It would be great if we could stop along the way and do some wine tasting or other activity instead of just a straight transfer.

There will be four of us traveling. We are open to having a private driver for the day or a group van/bus.

Does anyone have experience that they could share or companies we should be contacting? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

southexcursions.com, 97$ pro persom on the base of 8 in the minivan, of less - more expensive. Including winery tasting.

Leo Cuzmar can do this for you and customize the tour according to your interests. We have used him twice and were more than pleased each time. Take a look at a "few" testimonials http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294305-i2020-k5194022-Leo_Cuzmar_Chile_Guide-Santiago_Santiago_Metropolitan_Region.html

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend getting in touch with Ruta Valparaiso Tours -http://rutavalparaiso.cl/sitio_ruta_index_en.htm - ask for Cristian Blanco. He was able to pick us up in Santiago and design a schedule of private tours/dining for two days before dropping us off at our ship in Valparaiso on the third day. He speaks excellent English (he lived for a while in the states) and is just a really nice friendly guy!

Leo Cuzmar can do this for you and customize the tour according to your interests. We have used him twice and were more than pleased each time. Take a look at a "few" testimonials http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294305-i2020-k5194022-Leo_Cuzmar_Chile_Guide-Santiago_Santiago_Metropolitan_Region.html

Thank you for the information, I'm waiting for his answer - he is full booked already, but he will try to find some places (we are now 3). I started a little bit late...

Having another offer, more expensive, but at least some choice.

Galia

Thank you for the information, I'm waiting for his answer - he is full booked already, but he will try to find some places (we are now 3). I started a little bit late...

He is very, very popular and probably booked way in advance. If you have looked at some of his testimonials on that link I gave you, you'll see what I mean. Don't give up yet on him.

He is very, very popular and probably booked way in advance. If you have looked at some of his testimonials on that link I gave you, you'll see what I mean. Don't give up yet on him.

Thank you one more time! We already had the positive answer from Leo, only he offered us higher price than the price for other people here for the same tour, but I'll confirm, this is that way - we are late. I hope the trip will be o.k. he didn't give us many details, but it's flexible as I understand.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be using MyWayChile for a transfer and tour from Santiago airport to Valparaiso port. Good communication; hoping for a good experience too!

Some people on our cruise are using Suntransfers, although it is just a transfer, not a tour.

Edited by roothy123