Air Conditioner

Fish66

On Dawn I set it at the coldest temp and that was too hot. Had a chat to our steward and then it was good for a couple of nights, then it warmed up again. Had another chat with our steward and then it was good for the rest of the cruise. Phew! I hate being too hot at night.

We cruised on the Golden and found the AC to be very good. We changed the temp a lot from cooler for Hawaii to warmer in New Zealand. Very easy controls in the cabin.

I think you will find New Zealand will not be as hot as you are expecting.

Cheers and enjoy your cruise. We loved the Golden.:)

I am going in February and have spoken to ALOT of people who said the weather is warmer in February

And they actually live there

Anyway as long as my cabin is cool and I can keep it cookies all I care about ..

Btw I'm a lions fan too

I am going in February and have spoken to ALOT of people who said the weather is warmer in February

And they actually live there

While the weather on land will certainly be warmer, the sea air will still be cooler compared with cruising in the South Pacific. The people you need to ask are those that have cruised there. People who live there are talking relative to what they are used to, not talking Australian hot like we are having right now. Check out the weather data, as you can see, hot is relative. Go down to past weather and click on the historical data tab.

http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/auckland/auckland-central#!/ten-day

The weather late January and early February out at sea can be cool enough on board if the wind is prevailing from the south. I made the mistake of thinking it would be hot for a 14 nighter around NZ that started late January one year. Had to buy coats and jeans along the way.

When it is warmer though they always seem to crank up the air con pretty well all over the ship.

For your port days it will certainly be nice and warm :)

I agree that while February is the warmest month, what a Kiwi calls hot is quite different to what an Aussie would, especially in the South Island. The weather is also very changeable.

I worked in NZ tourism industry and am a frequent visitor, and would advise you to pack for all weather and all seasons.

I don't care really what temp is will be

I'm a cold lover and live in short sleeves any temp

The colder the better for me

Just remember cold on land is quite different to cold at sea with added wind chill factor from the ship's movement.

Do pack something warm if you are doing the scenic cruising through Fiordland.

Some years ago we were in Christchurch in March at the start of a three week land tour of the South Island. One evening we were dining outside in short sleeved tshirts, in balmy 23-35C temps. Next morning a storm came through and the temperature never got above 9C. Brrr!

Just remember cold on land is quite different to cold at sea with added wind chill factor from the ship's movement.

Do pack something warm if you are doing the scenic cruising through Fiordland.

Some years ago we were in Christchurch in March at the start of a three week land tour of the South Island. One evening we were dining outside in short sleeved tshirts, in balmy 23-35C temps. Next morning a storm came through and the temperature never got above 9C. Brrr!

I'll take a jacket for sure

Thanks for the advice 😀