Honeymoon planning please help

bouelle11

My fiancé and I are thinking about going on a carnival cruise in September for our honeymoon. We have about 5 days before the cruise and 3 days after that we could potentially spend in Florida. The cruise were looking at leaves from port Canaveral. Does anyone have any good suggestions about things to do or places to stay in the area.

Congratulations! :)

PC is just under an hour drive from Orlando - not sure if theme parks are how you want to spend part of your honeymoon.

North of PC is Daytona Beach, which in Sept should be wonderful and un-crowded. With a rental car and that many days you could even spend time in Fort Lauderdale or Miami Beach. Or explore the gulf side of FLA (south of Tampa) which is wonderful.

You have lots of options - budget? Interests? :confused:

My fiancé and I are thinking about going on a carnival cruise in September for our honeymoon. We have about 5 days before the cruise and 3 days after that we could potentially spend in Florida. The cruise were looking at leaves from port Canaveral. Does anyone have any good suggestions about things to do or places to stay in the area.

If you want a pretty beach, I would highly suggest Siesta Key in Sarasota. It's been voted one of the best beaches on the planet and certainly the prettiest beach in the US.

The Village of Siesta Key is very walkable and has wonderful dining and inns.

After your cruise, I would spend three days at Universal or Disney. Both would be fun but stay on property.