Club 18-20

trishh

Hi,

I've noticed on a few cruises that they run a get together for 18-20 year olds. My son has just turned 18 and this will be the first year he won't be able to visit the teen club, so he's a bit nervous about not having anyone to hang around with for 2 weeks. Has anyone who's cruise recently noticed if they're still running these get togethers?

Trish

From what we have seen its not a club but a notice in the Patter.

We saw it on our cruise in Sept.

This has been our experience also.

You mention "2 weeks". Is this a true 2 week cruise or two 7 day cruises B2B? That might make a difference in terms of the number of kids (18-20 are still kids in my old book ;)).

If this is a true 2 week itinerary you're likely to have fewer kids on board since families tend to take shorter cruises, especially when school schedules are a consideration. If it's a summer European cruise there might be more but probably not a huge number.

This has been our experience also.

You mention "2 weeks". Is this a true 2 week cruise or two 7 day cruises B2B? That might make a difference in terms of the number of kids (18-20 are still kids in my old book ;)).

If this is a true 2 week itinerary you're likely to have fewer kids on board since families tend to take shorter cruises, especially when school schedules are a consideration. If it's a summer European cruise there might be more but probably not a huge number.

Thanks for the reply. It is a 13 might cruise in school holidays so there are usually heaps of kids on board. I will ask the cruise director if he can put something in the patter if they don't already do it, because as you say 18-20 are still pretty young.

Trish