Uber Miami/FLL-- Surge Pricing?

iambumbo

Never used Uber before but I'd like to give it a try for my upcoming February cruise as service seems to be well-regarded and cheaper than a taxi. I know they're subject to surge pricing though and my concern would be planning on using an Uber only to find the price is a lot more than I expected.

My trips would be:

1. Miami airport to a Miami Beach hotel, arriving Saturday around noon.

2. Miami Beach hotel to Port of Miami, Sunday around noon.

3. Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel, Sunday morning usual disembarkation time (9-10am?)

4. Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel to Fort Lauderdale airport, Monday around 4pm.

My questions are--

Anybody foresee any problems with lining up an Uber ride for any of those trips? Are any of those times/locations likely to be subject to surge pricing/higher than anticipated estimated fares? The big one would be getting from the port of Miami to the Fort Lauderdale as that is by far the longest trip and could be much more expensive if we cab (or shuttle as just a couple).

Curious to hear experiences from folks who've done any of those trips and how the costs compared to the general estimates Uber quotes. Thanks!

The surge pricing here doesn't always make sense so it's hard to exactly know when we will have it. If it's pouring rain, then we get the surge prices. If there is something major going on, like when Art Basel was just here we had surge pricing. I had surge pricing 2 days ago at 3:30 in the afternoon but it was pouring. The surge went down within 20 minutes.

Your times are fine and you should be okay but honestly, there will be no way to be absolutely positive. If you are flexible, just wait to the surge goes away if there is one.