Cruise Tours - Kick it Up!

Lovincruisin1321

Really disappointed when I looked into cruise tours. Only Alaska??!!

What is going on?

Royal Caribbean has downgraded to only offering Alaska as well. Previously, we went on a fabulous four star cruise tour beginning in Paris, riding the Euro Star Premier through the Chunnel to London then boarding in Harwich for a 12 night Northern Med. cruise.

Holland America and Princess have nice cruise tours.

What's up Celebrity and Royal?

What????

There are lots of tours on board for every destination. There are also pre and post cruise tours in Europe through the cruiseline.

A question if I may please. Why would you want to do a tour through the cruiseline when with a tiny bit of work on the interest you can book a longer or superior tour with the tour operator directly using the internet? The Princess cruise tour in Alaska can be had for about 40% off booking directly with a tour operator.

Just a thought as never hurts to save a dollar.

Celebrity offers a number of cruise tours that they seem determined to keep a secret. Did you know they offer Safaris? They did this year, and they have them again for future cruise link-ups -- but try to find this information on their website! And even when you find the Cruisetour, you will only find details about the cruise part: the safari dates and itinerary remain secret. Very frustrating.

What????

There are lots of tours on board for every destination. There are also pre and post cruise tours in Europe through the cruiseline.

A question if I may please. Why would you want to do a tour through the cruiseline when with a tiny bit of work on the interest you can book a longer or superior tour with the tour operator directly using the internet? The Princess cruise tour in Alaska can be had for about 40% off booking directly with a tour operator.

Just a thought as never hurts to save a dollar.

I will post in detail below our previous experience. I understand what you are describing. That is not what we experienced or want. This is a Pre-Cruise Group Tour for 5 days with a private tour guide that is a representative of that ship line. Yes, I am aware of the numerous shore excursions, but that is not what I was talking about. Yes, I actually am very experienced in the tour guide research and book most tours with private port guides instead of the cruise line. It is a money saver. I am looking for a totally different experience which we had with Royal many years ago. It was the trip of lifetime. I guess times are changing. Though as I said, Princess and Holland do offer these. I prefer Celebrity and was a loyal RCCL cruiser but Celebrity has been winning me over these days.

The "Tours on board for every destination" that you speak of are the shore excursions. This is different. This is also referred to as a "Land and Sea" package that includes airfare and hotel w a full tour. Many years ago we did this with Royal. We were greeted at the airport, transported to a four star hotel by our RCCL tour guide, had a Happy Hour gathering with about 25 of us. Dinner was arranged as a group and we had a beautiful coach bus the next day touring the city of Paris. We did have about four hours to explore on our own. Dinner that night was optional. We could dine with our tour guide who selected a wonderful restaurant who personally knew the chef and staff. Only my husband and I opted to do this. We had food I would have never ordered and just had a perfect evening. We toured again the next day with the guide and coach bus transferring to the Euro Star the next morning. We had premiere seating with a first class breakfast on white linen table cloths. Arriving in London was the same quality and experience as Paris. After the second day, we had a farewell dinner and then were transported to the ship in Harwich the next day for our Northern Med. cruise. The whole experience was magnificent with your own private guide who was with us from France until we boarded the ship. It was first class all the way.

This is what I am disappointed with. I called both Celebrity and RCCL. This type of Pre-CruiseTour does not exist anymore. Not at the quality I just described. It is a group tour of 25 - 30 persons. First class all the way. I correct what I said. Yes, Celebrity does offer a Land and Sea but not in a group setting as I described above. Unfortunately, Royal only offers Alaska now.