Getting to the Airport in St. Maarten

raz455

Is there transportation from the dock in St. Maarten to the airport (the beach by the airport)? If so, any idea about the cost? My DW and I are interested in hanging out on the beach to experience the plane landings. Thanks!

The only way I know to get to Maho Beach is a cab. They are plentiful at both ends. You can also look up the plane schedule for your date in advance on line. It is posted on signs at the beach as well.

Cab fare is about $30. If you use a shared van, it is about $10 per person each way. The drivers at the port who have vans will try to fill them up, which saves you a bit as well.

We did this a week ago and it's $20 for two each way or gets cheaper if the vans filled. 9$ each for 3+ and goes down to $8 with I think 6? It does take about 25-30 min to get there, so just make sure to give yourself enough time both ways. The main road was being paved and traffic was stopped for at least five miles long going back towards the ship. Thankfully our taxi driver took us another (long) way but we still got back on time. It was nerve racking though.