From Miami to Port Canaveral! WHY?

TravelingTH

I see so many posts about people traveling from Miami to POrt Canaveral for a cruise. I honestly do not understand why?! There is port of Miami and Port Everglades ...why would someone spend so much money to get from Miami to Port Canaveral? Is it just because they prefer Fantasy or Dream (is Disney Magic not as good?).

Thank you.

I see so many posts about people traveling from Miami to POrt Canaveral for a cruise. I honestly do not understand why?! There is port of Miami and Port Everglades ...why would someone spend so much money to get from Miami to Port Canaveral? Is it just because they prefer Fantasy or Dream (is Disney Magic not as good?).

Thank you.

The price of a car rental is no different whether you take the car from the POM to PE or POM to PC.

We always just look for the cheapest flights because there are 6 of us. The last few years we have flown in and out of Fort Meyers and cruised out of Miami. The flights are sometimes half the cost or even less that flying into FLL or MIA. We rent a mini van for less than a hundred dollars and just drive the 2 or 3 hours. The one way car rental thing in FL really helps this process.

This year we are cruising out of Port Canaveral but flying into FLL and out of Tampa. We saved almost $1800 on our flights rather than flying in and out of Orlando.

Well... renting a car might be the cheapest option, but there are people who are looking for a bus shuttle or a private company (it will cost them at least $500.00).

I just thought maybe i'm missing something ... :confused: confused.

There are no shuttles that are $500. You could fly from FLL to Orlando on Spirit and then shuttle over to Port Canaveral for less than $150 for two people. The one way flight is only $35 per person.

Where are you finding a $500 shuttle? Even a limo probably wouldn't be that much.

BlueHerons, limo companies charge $550 + gratuity for transfer from Miami to POrt Canaveral (SUV).

ToddWelch, good to know. I didn't even think that there might be such a difference in ticket price. Thank you.

I can understand the limo company charging $500+ for the 3.5-4+ hour drive from Miami to PC (especially since they are not licensed for PC and will need to come back empty), but I cannot understand anyone actually booking them. A one way car rental for the easy drive up 95, including gas, should be less than $100. ;)

I suspect most of those asking about this are coming from overseas (thus the flight into MIA) and are not familiar with the geography and distances involved when booking their cruise.

BlueHerons, limo companies charge $550 + gratuity for transfer from Miami to POrt Canaveral (SUV).

ToddWelch, good to know. I didn't even think that there might be such a difference in ticket price. Thank you.

You can get from Miami to Titusville for $17 on Greyhound then taxi to the port.

A limo service and a shuttle are two different things.

A shuttles are much cheaper.

The premise of your argument is wrong.

Your argument is that it costs $500+ to take a limo from POM to PC on a B2B and why are people doing this when there are many cruises closer out of PE and POM.

There are many, many cheaper options to get from A to B.

Edited by BlueHerons